Elite wing

block

• Baller
95% of tournament skiers with wings run them upside down. There have been some articles in the past about what the differences are in regard to feel. Most all of the pros I see run USD, so I go with that.

• Baller
Up is going to reduce the leverage effect of the wing on the ski. That's because it will reduce the fulcrum distance from the ski bottom.  You would probably need to run more angle of attach on the wing to compensate, which creates more drag. 

Tried the wing up ,down,and   no wing; very suprising results. Wing down the regular way 9 degrees, I felt a lot of drag and a lot of tip bit. No wing felt a little faster but the ski bounced out of the turn if you you did not make a  perfect turn carrying a lot of speed. The turns were balanced and smooth. Wing up 9 degrees, surprised me in that the ski turned very balanced and stable like no wing but there was no bounce when the turn was not perfect. Drag was less than wing down.  The Elite seemed to get good width all three ways.

Think I will go from no wing to wing up and try it for a while.

I have not tried Schnitz,s fins. I would like to try the speed fin but to use this fin you have to file the Elite fin slot to accept the thicker Schnitz fin.  The Obrien fin is .079, Schnitz is .087 thick. The fin clamp is no problem, you can just loosen the screws that hold the clamp down and the fin will go in, however the fin will not go through the slot in the ski. I don't want to file on my ski.