Front binding posistion for A-1

skiboyny

• Baller
I just got an A-1 to try. It's a 66.25  I'm using animal bindings size large. The front boot setting is 29.5. Is that measured from the boot rubber or the small horseshoe? If I measure from the horseshoe, to get that dimension, the boot has to be on it's last hole forward. Is this right? Anyone here using an a-1 with animals what hole are you using?

• Baller

skiboyny,

Assuming since your using the HO Animal bindings, your using the HO plate, you should go to the middle hole. Alway's double check with a tape measure, but you should be at 29.50 to the back of the binding.

I am using double approaches on a 67.5" A-1 and I am set at one hole back. Basically 29.50 because of the forward cant of the approaches.

I am using the fin and binding settings from http://www.proskicoach.com/skis/HO/A1/2010

Awesome setup. From when I first setup my ski I haven't had to touch a thing. Just the dummy in the binders. He need's lot's of help, but the ski and settings is just incredible.

Good luck & ski well,

Ken

• Baller

Thanks Ken. I am one hole ahead of middle to get 29.5/8 at the boot. Middle is less that 1/2 They are standard animals but older. I'll give that a whirl and see what my off side is like and adjust accordingly.

Bob