glove liners

rawly

• Baller

Who sells the thin glove liners?What brand are they?I've tried the thicker liners,and lose the feel of my handle.Do the thinner ones help with the blisters,and do you still have good grip on the handle?I don't know the thickness of the ones I tried,but I was told that there are thin liners out there somewhere.Thanks in advance.    Steve

• Baller

I used to use liners, but hated putting them on and the feel thing, so I went to a 1.125 dia handle and the tightest fitting gloves i could get. I also keep my callouses filed down. I ski an average of 6 sets a week in 95+ water and I've had 1 very minor blister all year.

• Baller
Grainger for me as well... essentially the same Kevlar liners for 3 bucks as the ski shops sell for $15. I expect they all come from the same factory and someone silk screens the logo of a butt on the ski shop version. Buy a half dozen at Grainger as spares and to give away to friends who can then ski more and will subsequently need to buy a new ski from a ski shop.

• Baller

I went to the Masterline Pro-locks and don't need the liners anymore. I tried the liners under the Pro-locks and didn't like them.

I did use the Grainger's also. You don't need to pay $15 for them though. Grainger's work great.

• Baller
Ditto on Grainger for the kevlar liners.  I used to use them; but, I have now moved on to the palm savers which seem to work better than the liners, at least for me.  Also, went up in handle diameter from the .94 to the 1.062 and that has helped as well.

• Supporting Member

A few years back my inlaws got me some Underware Ultras from a race shop.  At least for me (and admittedly I ski in pretty cold water compared to most on this list), these last more than a full season -- at least 3 times as long as the "regular" Underware.

Not sure if they are actually a good value, though, if you can get the regular ones for just $3!  Less kevlar in the garbage I guess, for those ubergreens out there.