September 2010 EZFT / BallOfSpray Intergalactic Cash Prize Slalom Challenge

Horton

• Administrators

September 2010 EZFT / BallOfSpray Intergalactic Cash Prize Slalom Challenge

Changes for September:

Your handicap is your 2010 USAWS average

The entry is $10.

All Entry fees will go toward the cash prize

The winner will take home at least $100.

pixel.gif pixel.gif

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller

I will be in. A chance at a Cottonwood towel plus the normal prize makes it really worth it. No way I'm missing that. Also need a CW shirt so I can dress like Dawg and JD. Received my EZFT in the mail the other day for winning last month. Appreciated that.  Not sure why I got a tax form for the winnings though. Who is running this thing Correct Craft?

• Administrators

No. I think the USAWS year starts the day after Nationals. I was going to uses USAWS 2010 ave meaning all scores from after 2009 Nationals through 2010 Nationals.

Please tell me the USAWS rules have not changed . . .

• Administrators

I will not take a score that happens before and entry. I would like to close entrys 9/1 but ... want all the skiers I can get.

In the end I will make a call to keep it fair. I am not going to win so what do I care :-(

I just donated as well,

I've been plagued with Injury all year and it's not behind me yet....I'm making an end of year stab at putting some scores up for next year so with any luck I'll be in the running.

I skiied my second tourney of the year last weekend with Shane. Final result was not good, hopefully Sept. will be better. 

• Administrators

Current Entrys

Member #SkierHandicap100120554Shane Hill86.5200116174Mark Shaffer85.17900009769David Wolters83.84600006617James Little 98700001963The_Krista92300005507Ward McLain110.33700000410Horton100100007442Richard Doane104.33100003185Joe Darwin99.67200008141Emily Darwin91.33

• Administrators

Member # Skier Handicap

100120554 Shane Hill 86.5

200116174 Mark Shaffer 85.17

900009769 David Wolters 83.84

600006617 James Little 98

700001963 The_Krista 92

300005507 Ward McLain 110.33

700000410 Horton 100

100007442 Richard Doane 104.33

100003185 Joe Darwin 99.67

200008141 Emily Darwin 91.33

Mark,

You know as well as I do how much it S*cks to sit on the side lines. Staying in the regional hotel and watching everyone ski really S*cked.

The only reason I'm able to ski now is because I ski one set on the weekend and one on Wed. night. Last weekend scores reflected it. 2 out of 3 MOP's 

And besides last time you won your scores were in the same shape

Sounds like your Daughter is ripping it up..Got to make you proud!

Good luck at JD's

• Baller

Agreed, I was sand bagging, which is why it is fun to give you crap. Come ski with us this weekend and let's get you going. Your favorite bed and breakfast is still open. Know all about being out for injury. Feelin for ya.

On the bright side, winning the July BOS EZFT challenge has boosted my skiing career and confidence. I almost signed at least 2 autographs at the BD this weekend while proudly wearing my BOS shirt. Also met a few jealous haters who coveted the prize.  Never with my average so low have I received so much attention. BOS is definitely becoming powerful. The Krista will be swamped with even more attention after winning for Aug. She should be sure to take a sharpie with her to the next event for autograph opportunities.

• Administrators

The Krista will be swamped with even more attention after winning for Aug

There is a rumor that someone dropped a score that may put The_Krista in her place. I have not seen the data yet.

I might end up in an RV next to the dam at Martindale this weekend, if I do I'll head your way. Trying to do some creative PTO here at work so I'm not stuck here this weekend.

Long story but replaced our "Z" in July only to get a lemon. Used a bunch of PTO but picked up the new one 2 days ago. Need to put some miles on this one, so heading to the hill country sounds like a good excuse to me. 

• Baller

You may all be in trouble yet.  After an injury plagued 2010 season and so far 2011 isn't much better I may have a chance to prevail.  I skiied twice in August because of a shoulder thing but September gives me about 3 chances to post a good score.  Hopefully I can better my lower than average.  Watch out!

Matt McCuddy

• Baller

Who’s this Matt McCuddy sandbagger? http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-wink.gif Hurt, whatever.  Wait he’s the guy who danced all night with my wife at the Buck Owens Crystal Palace in 2006 IIRC.  Ah the memories. 

Well you better bring some game cuz I’m taking you all out.  Blondes, brunettes, Zippy’s, Zappy’s all of ya.  Sure my average hasn’t changed in 3-4 years but I’ve spent so much on gear this year that’s got to be good for 4 or 5 more buoys.

I’ve also spent a bunch of time free skiing this summer.  Seriously.  I’m putting up some big spray on both sides of the wakes now.  Parrish big.  I’ve gotta be the best skier on the lake this summer.  I did ski some buoys back in June so if they haven’t moved them I’ll be good to go.  Bring it.  

Like I said earlier, I’m donating to the cause.  Good skiing everyone.

Jim

• Administrators
Hereis is the current spreadsheet. Please check your data and feel free to look your competitor’s histories. Once I close the entries, it is final. Remember, the handicap is based on USAWS 2010 average. If you see a skier that you think is a sandbagger or want to object, do it now.

I can not find data for Jay Gilbert. His entry is tentative.

JTH,

I for one can say that I might fit into that catagory. My avg. is at an all time low....but I will say that I sidelined myself for 7 weeks to end the pain and the expense of my chiro. bills. Believe me I was making his truck note. I decided to ease my way back in by skiing behind my boat (PP) and only skiing two sets a week. Felt good about it and entered last weeks tourney.

ZO was not my friend and MOP 2 out of 3 rounds. My close friend and promo owner is in the mountains of Colo. camping out. My next tourney will only have one pratice set behind his boat.

Swing the axe if you want....but it could got either way.

• Administrators

Seems you guys are looking carefully. Lynda and Dave only have 2 or 3 events on 2010.

I averaged those scores and raised thier handicap. I am ok with it but if someone want to protest, now is the time.

• Administrators

Another change... I should learn to read

Scratch Marc Austin and add Bailey Austin. We talked way back when about kids advancing to fast and winning everyting. I looked at her scores and I think it is a fair fight. Besides I like kids.

Offical update will happen when I stop finding problems with the list.