Tournament Equipment - help

jaredH20

Hi Guys

We are going to be hosting the South African water ski nationals @ our dam next year and are overhauling some of our equipment. One of the things we will be doing is buying a whole lots of new bouys for our slalom course. Which are the best to buy and best colours to use? I was thinking of using the Overton's Boat Guide Buoys, 6" x 14" with hold-downs for the boat path, and for skiers bouys either the Overton's Gladiator® Inflatable Slalom Buoys, 9" dia. or the Polyform Slalom buoys from www.skiertoskier.com

For the Boat Video camera does it need to be high up for tricks and slalom or if is acceptable to use the Trakker P4 from www.wakevideo.com

For All the slalom cameras, should i use a 4 channel dvr with one big screen that's connected to my four slalom camera's?

Thanks

• Baller
I was wondering the same thing. What are the best bouys to use for your 55's? The round Polyform/Gladiators, or the oblong boat guides? How about the entrance gates? Do you use the same bouy as is used for the turn bouy? We're most interested in safety as opposed to durability. Thanks!

• Baller

For turn buoys and gate buoys it's kinda what color you want.  The Overton buoys are the best color for visibility but don't retain the color very well.  The Polyform buoys are more red, but hold their color better.  For boat guides (yellow and green) go with Polyform.  They last forever.  If th color fades you can dye them and they look like new.