ARS Handles

A_B

• Baller

I didn't want to jack the broken handle thread, so posted as continued discussion here.

It was noted that ARS handles don't do anything because you grab the handle with both hands opposing each other.

I use to think sonar well, until I started using them.

The benefit I feel is that the handle does not roll when you have just one hand on it and you return your other hand to grab.

It isn't that noticeable until you ski with them and then try to use a standard handle. I have done this when I forget my handle or trying a new handle (as the ARS radius is getting harder to find). There is a slight straightening out of the handle in my hand when I use regular handles and it just messes with your concentration, sort of like when you pull out of the water and the loop slips on the pylon.

Is it a big deal? No. But there is a difference.

• Baller
I have used the ARS handles for several years and my wrist and elbows feel much better. Every time I try to go back to standard ones I can't do it. It's like crack. The only issue was the rubber compound had awesome grip, but wouldn't last long. This year HO changed the rubber compound and made it much harder. The new ones I got were so slippery I couldn't even hold on. I found every old one I could strung with spectra and bought them up so I would at least be able to get through for a season or two. Figured I was screwed. Luckily, Masterline will wind these by request. Problem fixed. Awesome grip that actually last, ARS wound, RG service. Couldn't be any better.

• Baller
I had the same problem with a new HO ARS I bought this year.  I rubbed it with a little 220 grit sand paper and it opened the rubber up just enough to give it great grip with no adverse effects on the rubber itself.  I have been using it for 3 months now and there is no sign of wear on the rubber.