New World Record

jdarwin

• Baller

Congrats to Regina is setting a new record of 1.5 @ 41 off.  She scored 1.25 @ 41 Saturday and upped it again today. That record has stood since 1997 - tied twice but never surpassed.  

And congrats to my friend Chad Scott for being the world record driver for both men's and women's world records.  I believe this is the first time that the same driver has held both.  That's why he's always the chief driver at my tournaments!!

• Supporting Member

WOW!

In modern sports, that's a really long time for a record to stand, which makes beating it all the more impressive.

HUGE CONGRATS to Regina!

Is there video available?

Pretty impressive for one driver to "hold" both records as well.  Seems we should all be trying to learn from Chad.  I doubt I can ever ski like Regina, but maybe I could learn to drive that well with proper instruction?

• Baller_

Yes Regina has signed with Ma libu as a team Skier. She is truly a great overall skier and not just a slalom skier. She is and has been close all sumer to the record running deep 39 in a lot of tournaments and even getting a shot at the Diablo shores behind a MasterCraft. Great job goes out to The boat Crew and Thanks to Chad helping out with the driving chores and for bringing over his New Malibu for the function. Congradulations to Reggie and good luck to her and the rest of the US team that are preparing for the upcomming PanAms in Chile.

Other Notable performances this weekend  were Nate Smith matching the Men1 national record running 5 bouys on the 10.25 line Twice. Jerry Jackson ran 2@10.75. Taylor Woolsey 5@12m . I think my  favorite was Kris Lapoint running 10.75, never had a chance to watch him from the boat until this weekend as I did some time as a boat judge. one if not the greastest slalom skier of all time!!! Ardvarko 1@10.25   and Stevo the Bull (#1 one son) like I predicted ran 1.5@11 with out putting on a ski in over 6 weeks!

Looking forward to next year at SRB Maybe  Reggie will up the record again in 2011!!  

Jody, Thanks for letting me come over to SRB and drive the tournament, We had a great weekend, and as you said saw some great skiing. Awesome skiing by Regina,  I think she will definately up the record a little more, she has it figured out and can get the full two. Not a bad weekend for her,  two new records and only skied 3 of the 6 rounds to do so. I look forward to seeing what she can do in 2011. Joe, I will have to talk Regina into Cottonwood in June for 6 more rounds!!!

Thanks Shane, It is pretty cool to be associated with both records (if approved). I agree with Charles "Duuuuuuude", makes me feel like a wally for missing 39 so many times after watching her just power it down the course. She is a tremendous athlete and a great skier. Very Happy for her!! What an accomplishment to break a long standing world record, twice in a weekend!