2011 Sport Nautique

quimbola

Andre,

I am getting close to being banned as it is. All I have to say is this. It probably is a great slalom boat but with the tower, you will never find out. If you want a slalom boat, get the 200. I just dont get the concept of a cross over boat that does not crossover unless you have a removable tower.

• Baller

I'll take Mark's words and go even further...  I bet it's an awesome slalom boat, but I still have to ski it to believe it's on par with a 196.  I honestly didn't walk away from the 200DD saying, "oh my God, I have to have one these".  I actually felt relieved that I wasn't compelled to finance my future to buy one.

I have experienced the 214V, which would make one awesome family boat, with a slalom skier in the mix.  I have no doubt the 200V takes it to the next level, and I would love to own one - parked next to my 196:-) 

Brent,

Well said. I dont have need for a wake board boat so I would not even consider one. If I bought a 3 event boat it would be a 200 (money no object). If I bought a wake board boat it would be a Super Air. I am sure that there is a market for the Sport 200 out there but the tower location makes no sense to me. I think Shane was was drinking Bud Light limes and thinking about lesbian bike riders when he ran 32 behind the sport with the tower. 32 may work but 38 and 39 would be a mind bender just thinking about the tower. Keep in mind that I am a CC Kool Aid drinker.   

• Baller

Nice find.  Appears skier is well at the high point of his arc, and is at 35 off.  Wonder how much higher a skier needs to be at 38 and 39. In reality, unless I start running 38 more consistently and actually get to where I have a legit shot at running 39, it probably doesn't matter as long as no contact at 38. 

Could be an amazing compromise boat for those skiing buoys on public water.  v-drive interior layout w/DD wake for buoy heads, space for cruising, tower for boarders and pulling tubes.  Would be the first v-drive that isn't a slalom wake compromise, but there is that problem I have regarding cash on hand...    

• Baller

Just went to the CC website.  Use this link and watch the little video upper right all the way thru.  There is a pylon view of the rope while the slalom skier is skiing.  There is far more room between rope and tower than it appears in the prior posted picture...too much paralax in that pic (whoa, had to go back to HS physics for that word).

http://www.nautique.com/models/sport-nautique-200/

• Baller
Looks like one of the Wilson Bros. is skiing in the CC promo video. Perhaps they could comment since they are regulars here? There was a 200 at Midwest Regionals last year that had a tower, I'm not sure if it pulled any slalom (short-line or otherwise) or not. I'm pretty sure this is the only tower that you can order with it (like the 200 DD).

6balls has the right take. Those of you looking to run 38, 39, or even 41 wouldn't even be looking at a "Crossover" I also think if CC thought they could sell you this boat there would be no need for the 200 CB. There is a market for a crossover or they would not be building them. So this argument is as almost as stupid as the snow/water skiing debate that went on forever.

Now for me I am very interested in a crossover boat. I love to ski but will never ski at 41 off or even 39 for that matter, but with a young family that likes to surf and wakeboard its a great idea.

I will agree that the tower is Butt Ugly other than that I like the boat. I crawled all over it at the boat show. My 2 cents

• Baller
If I thought the boat had a comparable slalom wake to my 2002 LX and the tower didn't interfere at 38 off I would consider one. I am not a 38 off skier today but do get into 35 off so I can see 38 as potential. My little guy loves to wakeboard in addition to 3 eventing so to me this could be a perfect option.

• Baller_
Interesting discussion, compare this to discussions probably about a decade or slightly less ago about open bow v. closed bow ski boats and to where the "standard" or what is accepted is now.  Are we on a path to the transition of the DD boat to a V drive (personally, I hope not)?  Certainly, the fact that CC has come out with a boat that skis remarkably well is what triggered the conversation.  If Porsche can make a rear engined car handle great, perhaps someone will make a rear engined boat produce fabulous wakes, time will tell.

• Baller

Hey 6,
Have you had Marine Max sharpen the pencil on that boat?  I bet you get at least $20k knocked off that $76.  That's one issue I have with these boats... some of us are lucky enough to have dealers who sell at legit prices, and others seem to be getting spanked.  My dealer was $44,995+tax on an ordered out 2011 200CB std, with single axle Phoenix trailer.  Add a grand on to that now, with the Cat being mandatory, but still.  Of course, with the dealer territory requirements, you may be stuck dealing with MMX. 

• Baller
My dealer has a loaded out Team Sport with nice single axle trailer and he would sell it for $62k. $76k is high msrp.  $45k on a 200OB DD is only giving that dealer about $2k in profit.  BUT, it's an ordered boat that he doesn't have to floorplan so that gives him some room. 

• Baller
I don't see how a guy could stay in business long making only $2k on a fairly limited production boat, floor plan or not. From what I understand, most boat dealers need to average about a 20% mark on their boats just to keep the lights on, and need to make more than that of they want to turn a profit.

• Baller

If dealer cost on a 200 std is in the low $40's, they must've had some serious cost increase in the past few years.  Don't misunderstand, I'm not disagreeing with you, that just seems really high (with knowing what dealer cost was on an '06 196).  It's certainly more than a 4% per year increase, but I'm assuming the 200 had decent bump. 

• Baller

I am a guy with a young family and don't have access to a lake with a course at this point.  So I know what a day on public water means....    The last time I was in the course the season before last I got through 32' numerous times and into 35' once.  I also wake board & 'foot a little.  

So I really thought this was going to be the boat that I would come home from the boat show convincing myself I didn't need to have (read = don't have that kind of money for a boat right now) as my next boat and get to a place where I can get back to the course and that just wasn't the case.  I am sure this boat has a great wake, but it come up short big time on storage for a day on the lake.  My current DD has just as much.  Sure the V-drive layout is nice, but by the time wife, kids and a couple of friends are on this thing all we would have is a big pile of stuff to trip over were the motor use to be........at least I can lean/sit on the motor box when we are lounging.

• Baller
I haven't seen one in person yet, but I wondered what kind of interior space it would have.  I've spent some time in a 200DD, and it seemed that moving the motor to the back would still make for some tight space for wrap around seating.  I suppose that's the nature of the beast when you only have 20' to work with.  Maybe they'll come out with a 21 footer that skis better than a 196 too ;-)   Sorry for the sarcasm!

• Baller
Even with a vdrive arrangement, this is a small boat.  It's not really designed to be a 6 person all day on the lake boat, in my opinion. I could see it having it's place on a river with 3-4 people and being able to wake, surf, and ski behind.  You put 6 people in it and you're gonna be tripping over each other. 

• Baller

No motor box in the middle makes a more social environment for relaxing on the lake.  My non-buoy boat on our public lake is still a '91 Ski Centurion Falcon Barefoot CB.  With the outboard, there is no motor box in the middle and wrap around seating.  Nice for a putt around the lake w/a bottle of wine w/friends,  catching the fireworks w/some other couples, or my kids and their friends trading tube rides.   

If you put a bunch of skiers/boarders with equipment in there, though, you are right it's congested in a hurry.  Lots of bow storage, but there's the matter of getting it in/out with people in the way. 

Unloaded it makes great barefoot boat and recreational ski boat w/small wake at all lines/speeds.  The downside is that there IS a course on our public lake, too, and I would use it at times if I had an inboard there.  Due to family needs a closed bow or open bow DD doesn't "chill" as well w/guests.

I see some real appeal in wrap around seating, a tower to put the rope up high for all but buoy skiing, and the preservation of a great slalom wake for cracks at the balls.  Prior to this boat and it's slalom wake, you couldn't have paid me to own a v-drive.  At least w/the tower racks can get the boards/skis out of the cockpit.  Now, for that problem relating to cash....