2011 Sport Nautique

quimbola

• Baller

Would a std. package drop that boat into the $50's?  I would love to park one next to my 196.  My idea of marine blisshttp://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-smile.gif

• Baller

Mark, I kind of owe you for mentioning the boat I ended up buying on this site.  I wasn't yet in the buying mode, but after seeing your link, I called Son right away.  Ironic, but it was even the color I was looking for.  Ya, $65k=ouch!

• Baller

Realistically, how many even halfway serious slalom skiers are going to buy this or ANY v-drive as their primary ski boat?  May not be zero but it's gotta be close.  This boat was built to sell to families who want to do a little bit of everything (but nothing particularly well) who have bucks, nothing more.  At north of $60K a pop that has got to be a very tiny nitch market with extremely limited potential resale opportunity (read "high depriciation").

Ed

• Baller

I have a 196 at our "swamp" site, but there is a course on the public lake where I live.  I don't use the course at present for lack of the right boat to do so.  At some point will put an open bow DD on the lift...but if I had tons of dough would do the sport nautique.  Enough room for family, keeps a great slalom wake to hit the public lake course.  All the better if they depreciate like a stone as it will be a few years before I can do anything.

I do agree w/you though, Ed, that my situation is unique and this boat will not sell in numbers to the die hard slalom skier.  Folks with that kind of dough may go w/a larger v-drive and sacrifice the slalom wake for creature comforts and a big ol wakeboard wake. 

• Baller
I live and ski on Lake Como, which is 15 minutes north of Paradise.  I met those guys last year, the day I sold my '07.  The guy who bought it, took it straight to Tim's, and I tagged along.  They invited me for a couple of sets, but I was short on time.  I never made it back over - maybe next summer?  I do want to at least pop over to check out their tournament.