Rear Toe plate and the top slalom skiers

Guest [Deleted User]

How many of the top skiers use a toe plate.

Some are Will Asher, Nate Smith and Andy Mapple.

Any theories why and what are the benefits. I ski 2 hardshells but leave my rear wide open at the top. For me, I seem to finish the offside turn better.

• Baller
I moved to double boots about 20 years ago because I tought it would improve my skiing. In fact it helped me to stay in a more solid position, but I wish I could go back to RTP, I even tried a couple years ago but I could not make my ski turn. I think it is a nice and lighter set up and also think the RTP makes less drag. My choice would be Reflex+RTP

To me its a saftey deal. I believe the double boots are a much safer set up not to mention more leverage turnign the ski. I once peeled my skiing buddys right leg with ski still on back around his head. After a nasty fall in the course I saw for myself as the spotter his left RTP did not hold his foot in while the right with ski bounced and grabbed the water breaking his femer. Discusting to see but sold me on hopefully keeping both feet in or out of the bindings. I have fallen and him many times since and 90% of the time both feet are still in, one would think two legs moving together are much stronger than one????

Sorry just relaized this is a thread about top skiers. Please disregard all comments above.