Buying Skis over the border

bobuna

I know a lot of people have said that there is duty on skis if bringing them into Canada. I just wanted to confirm that there is definitely duty on American Made skis as well???

It wouldn't make sense that there would be for skis made in the USA (China I understand) but I've been told duty does apply. Can anyone confirm this??

• Baller
Some Canadian skiers in my younger years wore new full length 2/3 mm wetsuits under their 3 piece suits to get through customs going home in July! You could put a blank in your pants and tell them you've got a broken leg. Ski I mean!

• Baller
There is no duty on a north american made product. Both the truck and boat that I imported in 2007 were made in the USA and I did not pay a single Canadian cent in duty importing them across the border, same for the smaller gear that was way cheaper in Florida. If there is no serial # on the product it is very difficult for Canadian customs to prove where it was purchased...just saying wink wink.....

"Do Better..."

• Baller

dleenhouts:

I live less than 1mi from the big Lake in T.O.   there is a massive beach right by my house I can meet you there, I will simply kiteboard out to meet you.   will have to wait a few weeks though unless you drive an icebreaker?