Marketing and advertising

Bud Man

Has anyone clicked on the Sans Rival link at the top of the BOS home page and seen the first few black and white photos?

http://www.sansrival.eu/

I guess advertising is about getting people to talk and here I am talking, but not about the ski but their choice of pictures. The pictures seem odd to me. Does anyone like those black and whites?

When I look at the other pictures they used, it makes me think that ski could really rip, and I think about skiing.

When I see the black and white photos, it kind of makes me feel guilty spending money on a ski and I should use the money to help homeless drug addicts.

John, you do have an original head of hair for a water skier.

If it were up to me, I’d buzz my head in the summer, but my wife prefers the hair more similar to what it was when we got married. She is an awesome boat driver as well as EVERYTHING else, so it is a very small concession for me to keep at least an inch or so hair of on my head. Come to think of it, I don’t think she ask anything else of me. Man do I have it easy. At the rate it is falling out, it will all be gone soon enough anyway.

• Baller
and talking about the product... The Krista will tell you that looking and talking about a product are the main goals (Marketing 101). Do something different so people will talk. So they must be doing something right yall are talking!

• Baller
While we are on the subject, whats that Connelly video all about, was somebody on something or was it me floating off into some other world, it was like being hypnotised, not the most exciting video to promote a ski, slow dreary and not that enticing, I am sure Connelly produce a Great product, I have used them before and was not dissapointed, but somebody needs to inject some enthusasim and pace, the laid back approach is just not working.

• Baller
I've dated some models that do high end fashion and have been to a lot of shoots. SR's ad is typical of today's European inspired fashion photographers. Open a GQ, Esquire, or Elle magazine and you'll see much the same style. Keep in mind that SR is a European company and therefore doesn't target US markets only. There's a big world out there!

• Baller

Stevie Boy - guess what that different video made you want to say something about it. Even though you may not have liked it, it still did its job.

Shane - got any stories about those high end fashion models its been a while since your last crazy chick.

I watched the O’Brien video on the home page, and as old as it is, it make me want to get on the water and ski.

I thought it was funny how they said we invite you to try our competitor’s skis and then they showed a bunch of people falling on the jump.

I also noticed in the credits that some of the filming was done at Horton Lakes.

And Stevie Boy, I see your point. I clicked on that other video before I read your post and left it before 30 seconds.