Original ballers

Horton

• Administrators

There is a core group of guys that built this site with me. I call them the “Original ballers”. Many of them were with me on the previous forum. Many of them were fans of CarbonFins. Many of them were involved with the Ski Tests I did for WaterSkiMagazine.

I'm not sure I have identified them all but I will. When you see a post with the text “Original Baller” you will know the person who wrote it has been around this forum for a number of years. With the exception of Eric or Brent you can generally trust these guys.

This site would not be here without them. Darwin, Ward, DW, TeamMalibu, Keith, Mark, Smart, Toby, Roger, Shane, Jones, Gloersen, Chuck, Bruce (Holy Crap Bruce!) Carl, Ez-Ed .…. The list goes on and on.

I give Eric a hard time but he is as much of an Original Baller as anyone. Brent… yea even Brent. The site has grown at a dramatic rate in the last year but I do not want to lose track of that core group of guys that love skiing and built this site with me. I do not want to lose track of the roots of BallOfSpray. The Original Ballers are the Roots of BallOfSpray.

• Administrators

MS,

Yep Thager is an Original Baller. I changed him over. I am sure he is not only one I missed.

Ham,

Looks like you first joined on 07. You do not exactly match my definition for ”Original Baller” but you are the HamBone.

• Administrators

Ed,

You have been around since the beginning. You helped build this community. Thank you.

Brent,

I guess I could create a badge for "BoneHead Baller" You, MS and Eric.

• Baller

I joined September 2007, can't believe its that long. Do I qualify?

I also can't believe how this site has grown. It is where to go to any and all information quicker than anywhere else. Thanks for the great site!

Mike

I like the concept behind this. But maybe a little logo beside the username would make for less clutter? It could even say Original Baller when someone does a mouse over on it. that big logo kind of disrupts the flow of the forum.

• Administrators
I agree it is not as pretty as it could be. I will make the graphic smaller when I can get to it. I am not really a programer so until I can pay someone to do stuff like that - you get what I can do.

• Baller
WOW!!!! I guess I didn't realize I had been signed up for soooo long. I don't know most of the "original ballers" (if any) personally; but, honored to be tagged. This site has been great and I have always preached it to all my skiing cohorts for getting the straight dope and some level of entertainment to boot.

• Baller_
Great site John, excellent work on your part, fun and informative site with great content. Honored to be part of the club. There is a line in the Top Gun movie that kind of sticks "you two characters . . ." Characters just seems somewhat fitting for some!

• Administrators

Brent- yea I plan to make the logo smaller.

Jody - I will look but don't really care. More they talk about BOS the more users we get.

• Administrators

Brent - Please do not do that. Why I have not banned you yet is a mystery to me.

I can no longer care about what other web sites say about me. I have pissed off a handful of skiers. When you run a site this big not everyone is going to like everything. Banning people is not a way to make friends. Lucky for me I have not had to do that many times.

In the end, I want this site to be inclusive and promote skiing. I value the "Original Ballers" because they made this site appealing to all. That is the point. If the lurkers and new guys can get good info about skiing and gear it is a success.

Ok really who has the time to monitor and post all these other sites. I am doing good to keep up on what is happening here. I would much rather be out skiing than here but the weather is cooperating at this time. I have been on the water only twice year. At least there will be lots of it in Ut though.

First time I've seen this. OT & IT at work &^%$ It won't let me view sports and recreation and OT makes it hard to read at home.

Well let's see if I made the list. I use to surf C.B.C.F.'s for something to read. Think I've still got one some were in a box.

• Administrators

Scot,

I can't make everyone happy. If anyone is really offended .... really? Offended?

This is just water ski web site. It makes you upset you need to do something else with your time.

For anyone who cares.... read my first post in this thread.

• Baller

Go on Ward. Tell everyone how you lost all your phone numbers....

I didn't lose them, my daughter force me into a system restore and bada bing...bada boom...erased everything, Even the picture of JTH when I locked him in the port a pot at JD's.