Radar Vice VS. Senate C

WIskier

• Administrators

Roughly - these are the same ski except for width.

The Senate is .2 wider and should be more forgiving. The Vice should be faster and more aggressive. Both skis are based on the Strada.

I am sure Eddie will be along any second to tell me I have it all wrong : - )

• Baller
That's pretty darn close for a change John! The only other thing I'd add would be that The Senate C has a round tail to lend extra stability to It's slightly wider dimensions. The Senate C is also sporting an all carbon laminate while the Vice is 1/2 carbon and 1/2 fiberglass. The Senate C is also a softer flexing ski than the Vice. I guess that's three things.

• Administrators

I say Vice or Strada (just get the Strada - you know you want it)

Call H20z @ 866-213-7993

Please tell them you are a "Baller" and "Horton told me to call"

• Baller_
I rode a strada for two weeks. Didn't have it set up properly for the first week or so. Was not a Baller then. But it skied soooooooo easy even set up wrong. I could have skied at 28 and 32 all day without stopping. At least it felt that way. Very windy when i skied it set up correctly. Then had to give it back. :-( Want one.... YES!!! needs to be a great deal though. Skier on an extreme budget. That's the reason for the questions on the Vice and Senate? Less $$$. I take donations!!!

• Baller

I'm trying 69in Vice now. Very sensitive ski to your fore aft balance. Sweet spot for turns and pulls is very, very small. Ski is very fast, but you have to be right over it all the time.

I'm going to get some other skis to see if there is something more forgiving.

• Baller

dsmart, thanks. When I got ski, checked fin and boots at stock settings. Could not make it to one ball on opener.

Moved boots foward one hole, helped some. Added tip, then moved fin back a touch and that has helped some.

Occasionally I'll run some passes, then I'm totally lost after that. It does not like any pressure on the back in the turns.

Being an old school guy (trying to change), any reversion to old school and ski does not turn.

Last night, I got a bit too much tip in during preturn on offside and ski skipped out.

Should have got off it after first set, wasted two weeks on it.

• Baller

Wish, I am not in ski shape yet and still in a wetsuit so it is hard to give you my full take yet. I have been running 34mph, 22-35off and a few 36mph 22s. I have not shortened past there yet. I have not moved the fin and bindings around much. So far, the Vice feels like the Strada but not quite as responsive/fast (big surprise-same mold). The ski feels very stable. I have been getting great angle out of my off-side turn but not as great on my on-side. I think it is my technique at this stage. Mad11 rides every ski made and is a much better skier. If he reads this thread, maybe he can post his thoughts on the Vice.

thompjs, if you still have the ski and want to mess with it, try binding 1 hole back from stock and use Rini's fin numbers on the Radar website. No one ski is for everyone, but most people find the Strada to be fairly easy to ride and forgiving. Maybe the 69" is too big.