2011 Eagle Sports Slalom Challenge

Horton

• Administrators

The rules are roughly the same as last year’s EZ Fin Tool Challenge. Below are PRELIMARY details.

USAWS scores are handicap against 2010 skier average. I will find last year’s exact rules and make edits. I know there are those of you who want to be involved but do not ski USAWS events. I simply do not have a good way to handle that.

May is preseason. I will set up the signup page in the next day or so. (Yes I am late – I do not want to hear about it) For May the cost is $00.10 (10 cents) per entry. The winner will get a t-shirt or a bowl of soup. Once I get it set up, please please enter so I can find any bugs before June.

For June, July & August the Entry fee will be $5.00 and the monthly winner will win an Eagle slalom vest.

September will have a cash prize in addition to the Eagle vest. Last year Bailey Austin took home $200. This year should be bigger. Details pending. If you want to compete in September you will need to have competed in the other rounds.

Entrants must enter themselves and must be the name of the Credit Card used for payment. In other words Zap! cannot pay the fee and enter his rat dog. This will weed out most non-Ballers. (if your 13 year old daughter has a credit card and wants to enter, I will not stop her but this is designed for readers the of site)

• Administrators

• Baller

The new rules eliminated the current Intergalactic Champ! She doesn't have a credit card of her own. Hey Horton you better tell her, I'm not gonna. Also, she does read the site, but her father doesn't let her post on the net. Doesn't want her to grow up or communicate with guys like Shane and the others yet. No Offense!

• Administrators

Marc,

Yea... the core of the site is not kids. If we had a TON of entries we could split it and add kids group but for now it sucks to get beaten but kids every month.

• Administrators

Point taken. I do not want to do ability levels - their are Ballers at all levels.

Allowing only adults is the cleanest break I can think of. Just need clear rules.

Again very few Baller kids (that I know of). We can make Bailey the Grand Marshal or something....

• Administrators

The contest needs to appeal to the core Baller. Kids almost always blow the curve.

How about if I add the number of balls she improved last year to her handicap?

I will be looking for ringers....

• Administrators

thanks - it does help. I do not think that bug matters because for June the entry fee will be $5.00.

I will fill our the roster this weekend so I can find other possible bugs.

• Baller
I don’t believe it is a matter of how much it is, I believe that the current sales price is $0.00 is causing the problem. Just make sure the sales price is greater then $0.00 and it wont be a problem. Never mind your probably saying the same thing.

• Baller
Well I guess I have no chance. Hurt my back again. I tried ice, heat, tens unit, chiropractor, steroid shot, muscle relaxers, and ib. All in the last two days. Nothing is helping. I can barely walk. What really makes me mad is I worked out harder than I ever had all winter. Worked a lot on core and my back. Feel like I'm in the best shape I have been in in years, and i can't even make it thru may. Funny thing is it hardly ever hurts when u ski. I keep hurting around the house doing hardly anything. Doctor told me yesterday that my skiing career is over. I'm finding a new doctor.