Cost of boathouse on private lake

Oldutskier

Can any of you private lake guys give me an idea of the turnkey cost of a boat house that is set with posts (not floating)? The specs. are as follows:

1) 22 x 35

2) covered

3) boat lift

I am just trying to get a rough idea as to the cost of this. This project will be in Texas. Thanks in advance.

• Baller_
Ya lots of details can make thousands of dollars in cost differences. Seen $60.000 (in WSM I believe) docks and mine built out of reclaimed Pt lumber, reclaimed metal roofing, and used lift and cradle brought it just under $4000. It's a 24x24 flat roof upper deck, lower covered deck and boat house with lift and lockers. Typical. I'd say $10,000-15,000 complete.

I built one for a client; cost was around $30k. Shingled roof, pvc (azek) decking, lights, fiber cement siding, aluminum soffits,not capable of supporting a hoist, similar size, terrible sight access. That didn't include the cost of the lift. Pm me and I can send you a link to pics.

• Baller
From the experience of building mine (30'x30', 6'x6's, new metal roof, cypress gables, 2"x6" deck), I would say $20K. It does depend on what you use. I imagine you can get a functional one for 10. More solid/durable/nice... 15-20. For 30 it should be the bomb job described by Simojo.

• Baller_

I did mine for right at $10k in materials, plus $4k to bring in a big-ass trackhoe to excavate and help set the pilings. It is "overbuilt" so it can withstand the floods we get, so there is probably about $2k in material that could be cut out if you don't have to deal with floods. It has been completely underwater several times so far with no damage.

The dock area is 36 x 20, with about a foot of overhang on each side. I did all the labor myself. I would guess $10-20k on the labor and you will get what you pay for.

Aluminum Boat cradles out of Orlando has the best cradle and lift kits I've seen. Shipping cost is surprisingly reasonable.

http://www.boatcradles.com/

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller_

Chef,

Thanks. Actually, that picture is kind of a medium flood that we'll get every 1-2 years. The peak of the roof has been completely under water twice in 7 years. The lake can get as high as 15 feet above normal before it hits an emergency spillway. At that level, the peak of the roof would be about 3 feet under. Its only tested that once that any of us know about.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller

The last 2 built on our lake near Houston were about 27' x 33' with 8' to 10' x 10' storage sheds. Price in 2008 was about $28,000 plus lift and electrical.

Ones up in San Marcos River Ranch are more expensive due to requirement that they use steel piling. I hear one dock up there has concrete decking.