Boat Question

454SS

Okay so I recently purchased my first boat and just took it out of storage for the winter the other week. The boat is a 1996 ski centurion Lapoint elite. The boat has stickers on the front that say official us open towboat, when I got the boat out of storage and into the sunlight i noticed that the back of the boat had previously had a decal that said the same thing. I can also see very very subtle marks of what looks like the name of a marina on the sides of the gel-coat. My question is to anyone who may know anything about these boats, do I have a boat that was used for the us open? was the centurion even used for the us open in that year. or did someone just decide to put a bunch of stickers on it for the heck of it. I believe that the name on the side of the boat says aqua sports marine. The reason I am asking this is not only because it could be interesting to have a boat that possibly was used for this tournament, but because I would like put the original decals back on the boat that were removed by the previous owner and I would like to find out if these decals that were something from the factory or not.

Thanks Shane, and Bulldog very sound advice I guess I am just being anal about it, for the past two weeks i've had it in my pole barn and have been going over every tiny thing thats wrong and trying to fix it. Time for me to get out and start skiing already.

The Centurian was used in the 1987 U.S Open at Okeeheelee. Bill Stevenson was the Men's slalom driver. The boat was Pink.