TY Oppenlander Ski 41 on the Sans Rival Waterski SR2 2011

jdarwin

• Baller
I watched the promotional video for Sans Rival on the front page. Ty is a very accomplished skier but if you are going to trumpet someone running 39 and 41 on your ski, shoot the video from the shore - not the boat. Some of us will pause the video when the skier is directly behind the boat to determine boat path. To characterize the 39 and 41 boat path on the video as "friendly" is an understatement. Again, I wouldn't have an issue with it if it were not a promotional video.

• Baller
I saw it also. I can tell you that Ty will be skiing our 3rd record this weekend and will receive no such weave, so we'll see how it goes. He has run at least 3 @ 41 last year in a record on his Fischer, so I know he can get there. He ran 2 @ 41 at one of our records last year with me driving and I don't weave.

• Baller
Roger - I agree that Ty is a great skier and an even nicer person. I pulled him at Ski Ranch last year into 41-off. The funny part was asking me if he was being "light on the line" after 38. He said he was working on it. I told him to keep working on it!

• Baller

TY is famous for pulling the pylon out of Rossi's Tige years back I remember. Very strong and consistent skier and doesn't get enough play on the web or in the waterski world. Truly a unique and driving personality & a great representative of the sport.

you guys are too anal, this is exactly what we DONT need to be talking about.... T-Y love that kalamazoo drawl ;)

• Baller
JD = Yes, he's a great guy as well as excellent skier. He does pull hard, but pretty symmetrical from what I remember. He is supposed to come out to Okeeheelee tomorrow night for a practice set with me, so I'll get a refresher :)