Ontario skiers: Oxtongue lake

Laz

• Baller

Just booked a cottage on Oxtonge Lake for the end of summer. Anyone skied there before? Anyone skiing in the area? It will be our first trip there. I hope to find a quiet corner to slip our course in for the week.

• Baller
I didn't know you could ski on Oxtonge, it's just past the Algonquin Outfitters at the west gate of the park? It's a nice size lake so I hope you can ski it, I don't have any specific knowledge, just thought it would be limited to small hp or no motors at all due to it's proximity to the park. We have one of our courses in Couchiching and will be putting in our 2 club courses in Simcoe in the next week, so if you're around shoot me a message.

• Baller

it's in Haliburton County, not in the park so no restrictions I'm aware of. I am around that area a lot in the winter with the tall pines (dorset) snowmobile club, never been on oxtongue thawed though ;)

south end has less cabins and narrower probably best for skiing. most of the resorts are up near 60.

bring lots of rope for the anchors! :)

• Baller

We ended up spending the last week of the summer on Oxtongue. We found a corner in the south part of the lake that was great for skiing. We set up our course (EZ-slalom, naturally) and had a great week. We are returning. The locals were very ski-friendly.

We have offered to host a learn to ski day!