08 SN 196 Fiberglass platform

Cypresskier

My non skid padding on my platform has become rock hard and brittle in the Houston heat. Has anyone out there replaced their swim platform padding on the 196? I was looking at Sea Dek padding which is like the newer Malibu's and MCs have but they do not precut the shape for the SN 196s.

• Baller
How well do fiberglass platforms hold up? I have a teak on my 1994 Nautique. I clean it once a year, and it gets a coat of teak oil once a month in the winter while in storage(Amazon's Golden). I never have to do anything to it during the season. I keep it covered, and the boat on a lift when not in use. I have only had to take sandpaper to it once. It still looks like new. What is everyone else's experience with glass verses teak platforms. My boat has 1500 hours on it.

• Baller
I was thinking the same thing. I wish the SN200, had a teak platform available. I see everyone switching over to a glass platform. I would like to see what one looks like with a 1000 hours or more on it. Keeping teak looking new requires some work. I always figured a ski would beat up a fiberglass platform after a while. If you have a teak platform, do not put anything on it that will not allow the wood to breath.

• Baller

Here's my solution to the composite platform on the SN200. Call me a traditionalist, but ski boats have wood platforms, always have and always will. This was a fun winter project for me and my son. It's made from Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba) and the maintenance is similar to teak.

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/6/846.JPG