Nano twist

Guto

I am just about to buy the new nano but i am very confused in selecting the correct one.can someone help me please with the maor diffrences betwen the traditional and the Mid? I am 165 an was told to pick the mid 65 3/4

Thanks

• Baller

I am 170 and got the 65 mid, after talking to Dave Miller and Dave Good. I skied on it tonight for the first time, coming off a regular 9900 sl. The mid Nano skis really really really good. I would go 65 mid ride, with the 178 flex. Dave Miller gave me some fin settings which seemed to work well, which I can pass on to you as well. Either way, go with the mid over the regular. More stable, faster and turns better.

If you are still unsure, call Dave Goode.

• Baller

First of all, they sent me a 188 flex which I thought was odd for my weight of 170 but I did leave that decision up to Dave when I ordered it because I wasn't sure.

I set boots at 28.75 and 17.38

Fin was .715, 2.440 and 6.815. No ventral. Wing at 8. I did notice the Nano wing is smaller than my 9900 wing.

Compared to my 9900 sl, the Nano rolls on edge by its self, turn smooth yet hard and is extremely fast. As previously said, the off side turn really good. I didn't have problems turning the on side at all.

• Supporting Member

Boody, this is very interesting to me as I am considering the same transition. What made you decide to go Mid rather than classic? How would you describe the transition? How tall are you? (Basically wondering if you have a gawky frame like me -- I am also 170 and 6'2".)

If you have the time, I'd be very interested to follow your continued experiences with it.

• Baller

Hey Than, I am 5'10", 170 with a tournament average of 103. I am trying not to get too excited about this ski until I ski on it more. But that first set was amazing, I basically ski'd the best I have all year, off the dock. On the first %*(& time on the ski.

I was pretty apprehensive about the Nano because there have been some mixed reviews from the folks on this forum. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue to impress.

As far as the mid vs regular, everyone I talked to loved the mid and felt it was better than the regular. I can concur with this. Maybe 36 mph would be a different story but I would try a mid if I were you. As I said, it is faster and requires much less effort to get accross the wake. I am really amazed how it rolls on edge. I have never even noticed this about any ski until this one.

• Baller

EF, all the skis whether a regular, mid or wide will have enough surface to support your weight. The difference in shape has more to do with the way they perform than to accomodate weight. The suface area of the ski doesn't really change that much with the mid and wide because they will be shorter than the regular ski.

I would think a mid or wide would be better for you than a regular. I ski with a guy that is 200 and is on a wide. He came off a Nomad and his skiing improved dramatically on the wide.

I do not think you are too heavy for a mid. Remember Goode has a money back guarantee, so if you don't like it you can return or replace it. Thats the good news, the bad is that they cost a fortune.

• Baller

I have been riding a 9900 wide ride for the last 3 years and have loved it. Tried the Nano Mid this weekend and can't believe how well it skis. I am 6'2", 190lbs LFF and am on a 66" Nano Mid. The ski carries out to the buoy, off the second wake, so much better than my wide ride. My off side turn improved considerably and my onside turn didn't lose anything. The "twist" seems to make the ski finish the turn better, allowing the ski to come up underneath you with minimal effort. Very fast ski!

Skied a new personal best on my 3rd set on the ski. Unbelievable.

I would highly recommend the Nano Mid to anyone skiing 22 off through 41 off.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention that I am using the Raley Ventral. One small ventral mounted per Goode's instructions. It is magic.

Jeff Milford

• Baller

dsmarts my boy, ("you're my boy blue"!). he really didn't steal my girl or bathingsuit and Horton actually drank all my Crown.

to his credit: he had some really nice ski rides at Levees Edge and is going to come out firing soon, you watch.

• Baller

Sorry for the thread hijack. I could not resist messing with scoke. He tried to kill/injure me a while back with bogus fin settings.

For those of you that don't know he just got the ski and is dialing it in. There were Nanos everywhere. It looked like Chads was working, he got 3@41. There were some big scores on them. I pulled Jay at Dream Lake and he went around some buoys on one. Like any ski, time will tell.

Horton ordered our Nano and I look forward to trying it out soon.

• Baller

OB, yes we on BOS want you to get in their face, ask some questions and figure this stuff out. Get some pics if you have to, forget their privacy. Pretend your with AWSA doing ski inpections, have a clip board and some calipers.

Smart, I know you know what I'm talking about.