Adjusting fin settings, videos?

stone88

Does anyone have any videos of adjusting fin settings? I just did some practicing on an old system 8 before touching my A2. I got there in the end but I spent one of the most frustrating 40 minutes ever! Am I just retarded?

• Baller

Stone88,

I can understand your frustration. For the last three weeks I have been testing three fins with 1, 2, and 3 Ventral's on two different skis, 9900 Mid and Nano Mid...Changing something every set.

Tip: I find it easiest if you set the DFT first, then slightly snug up the back bolt. You want drag on the other bolts. Next go back and forth between depth and length. Use a screw driver with a rubber handle to gently tap on the fin. Try to do it in a manner that does not drive the fin rearward changing DFT. How and where you tap the fin is the art-form. Also, the digital Slot Caliper gives the most accurate results.

Hope this somewhat helps.....ED

• Baller

stone88,

A tip Schnitz gave me years ago. When you get your final fin settings, take a silver sharpie and draw a line down one side of your fin at the base and a small perpendicular line on the ski at the leading and trailing edge. That way, before you ski, you can quickly check it for any changes that accidentally occurred.

Ski Well, ED

Thanks ed thats a good tip! I had a go tonight with my A2 and actually 2nd time round it was much easier. I used your dft first tip and just went very solwly but it was done in 15 mins and when I re-measured after all the screws were tightly in place I was still bang on!