What new ski skis like a Nitro?

phatty5693

I have been on a 69" HO Nitro with double Animals for the past few years and am looking at getting a new ski. I have since lost some weight and am looking to size down to a 67" ski. I have always liked how smooth and stable the Nitro is. I pretty much only open water ski at 32-34 mph and only get into a course 1-2 times a year. What skis available now are similar to the Nitro for the open water skier? Is the Coefficient X the model the replaced it with? Is the Nitro closer to the Senate or the Theory? Any help is appreciated.

Definitely wider, I'll dig the Nitro out and compare, but off-hand I would say the Theory is 1/4" or so wider. The Theory feels "easier" to ski on in terms of technique, fatigue, and starts and I wouldn't hesitate to try it, if I were you.

Phatty,

I apologize; as Jim pointed out the 67" Theory and the 69" Nitro are the same width at the widest point. The Nitro also appears (I didn't break out the calipers) slightly wider (1/8") than the Theory under the rear boot. Regardless, the 67" Theory still feels "easier" than the Nitro did. Hope that helps.