A2 Ski Test Rides 3-14

Horton

• Administrators

Since I have been on Safari I have not had a chance to write much of anything about the A2. I have a pretty good idea what the final review is going to say. I need to get home and get some rides on my home water before I write too much.

For now I can say: It is smooth turning, gets wide easier than the A1, is symmetrical and is very stable.

Do I like it? I equaled my all time practice PB yesterday.

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/10/870.JPG

• Baller

Very interesting.

Horton looked the best I've ever seen him. He turned like a champ, symmetrical on both sides.

He thought he was having to work so hard behind the boat because he was fat, it's actually the ski core.

• Baller
Agree - best offside, stacked position pic I've seen of you, JH. Ski just looks like it's gaining angle, too. Love my A1, but guess I better give the A2 a try. I don't want to, though, because I know I'll love it, then I'm hosed.

• Baller
We have an A2 as well. The fin on this ski has a gap on one side as well. Like Bruce, when you are skiing well the ski works well. When you are not, it is not forgiving. Another issue on this ski is the inserts are not straight but crooked. Other than that, the ski carries speed in the turn well. Consistency is the issue now.

• Administrators

Trial and error. Just take it all off and take a set. If you hate it I am wrong. If you love it I am a guenius.

No. I would not change other settings.

• Baller

My wife is on the A2 and likes it better with the wing off, so Horton must be a genius! But she is only going 30 - 34 mph.

She is saying the same thing about it is either on or off depending how she is skiing. We are finding the ski likes to be skied aggressive.

Kevin

• Administrators

I hope you guys understand when I say I am a genius, I mean it in a "Wile E. Coyote" kind of way.

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/9/889.jpg

• Administrators

Loaned out A2 so am hitting old fav skis to clear my head. Yesterday MPD. Today Prophecy. Tomorrow Elite maybe.

A2 will feel totally new when I get back on it next week.