Strada Boot

stone88

So i'm thinking of changing from animal double boot to the strada but I don't really get what i need to order. The online shop says boot with front plate or boot with rear plate?

I'm guessing I should be ordering one front, one rear and a sequence plate? Its for an A2

• Baller

You don't need the sequence single plate, the boots come on their own individual plates like other slalom bindings. You can take them off the individual plates and mount them on the sequence plate if you want to but not necessary IMO. Mine are mounted to my ski on the individual plates and they're just fine that way.

Ed

• Administrators

I like the single plate because it allows for 1/2 hole adjustments.

Normal bandings adjust 3/8 (roughly) at a time. Radar Sequence plate adjusts 3/16 (roughly) at a time

I keep going back and forth cos i dont know if i should wait and see what HO are up to. If they get the exo system up to scratch i would love that cos coming from alpine skiing, i like the idea of full release but there are just too many stories of failures. Nearly everyone seems to love the rs1/stradas and release is supposed to be pretty good.

I tried the reflex front with rear animal but didnt like it. I think the reflex is probably great for rtp skiers but for double booters im not sure

My buddy runs the strada's. He really likes them and has never had a problem with releases.

I run the reflex with the r style in the back, (it's the bottom half of the boot fixed to the ski). I added a bungee to the top of the rear boot for a tighter fit. It works great, secure and releases everytime it needs to. Love them! The bungee idea came from seth stisher. I use to run double boots, and have had no problems with the r style. I would recommend the black moldable liner in the back over the silver. The silver liner felt to loose.

• Baller

Mount your Stradas to the Sequence plate and then dual loc to any ski. The boots are very comfortable. Running them on a Wide Ride and 9900SL. Came off Animals. My feet last much longer than the rest of me and it it was the other way around with Animals.

I personally believe they shrunk Animals over the years. I always was a XL with overlays screwed open as far as possible, now they kill the top of my foot where it connects with my leg. Others may be different, but this is one product I have used since they first came out and now can't use at all. I haven't tried XXL but with Stradas being so comfortable, why bother?

• Baller

One other point on the individual plates. With each boot on it's own plate the bindings are much lighter, and the ski overall is much lighter, than with the previous D3's I'd used for years (and still love BTW). The sequence plate I would think would add more weight, although it probably makes little if any difference. Just an observation.

• Baller

I scuffed the bottom with sandpaper, then cleaned the bottom good with lacquer thinner or similar, let dry, and then put on dual loc.

Initially I wondered if the tape would hold in the back because of the screw slots, but so far,( knock on wood) , I see no signs of the back coming up. I have moved it from the Wide Ride over to the 9900 and it was stuck pretty good.

I also mounted my Animals on a G10 plate with dual loc on bottom to switch out if needed, but the Stradas have worked great. At the end of my run, I can pull my foot out without unlacing boots, so I really don't crank them down. I loosen them up to save wear and tear when pulling my foot out, but I think I will pop out, or the whole plate could release with the dual loc.

What I am wondering though, is if the G10 would allow the ski to flex more than the Sequence plate.

• Baller

The plates are about the same weight either way. Too heavy. Break out the drill press and make some Nascar holes in the huge blank slabs of aluminum.

Even if you are using duallock, there is a lot of area away from the edges you can trim.

A lightened up RS1 even made an acceptable trick binding.

Eric

That is same as mine except I left my bungee longer so I had more slack to get my foot in. I just put the excess bungee under my straps. Jared The r-style also allows you to lift your heal a little more than you can in a boot. And I guess that is suppose to make the ski easier to turn, I'm not real sure. I feel like I have a lot more control of the ski, responds much faster. I think the faster response comes from the reflex boot in the front. I think the back foot is just preference. I was a little uncomfortable at first, the back foot felt loose. I could snug the bindings up over the front of my foot, but the heal had a ton of movement. After I added the bungee it feels secure and I am loving them. /vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/6/926.JPG/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/7/927.JPG