Strada mid level skiers

Horton

• Administrators

I set up 2 Stradas for 32 mph skiers this week. 1 of them was on a Senate the other was on an old Monza. I was amazed at how well this ski worked for both of them.

I am impressed when I see a high end ski work at all levels

• Baller
How much did these folks weigh and what size ski did you set them up with? I have tried three different brands thus far and always return to the old ski. Tommorrow, we plan on trying out the Vice and the Senate C. I am more curious about the Senate C as it seems to be much different than anything else out there. Thanks for the info, could possibly point us in the right direction.

• Baller

He has one sitting on a shelf collecting dust with 5 other high end skis..face it...he only cares about himself..he is selfish. Ask MS.

Great job running the course. Keep working on body position and you will improve quickly.

• Baller
Oh, it's like that now. I see, Shane can cry on someone else shoulder the next time his girlfriend won't get out of the boat, smashes her face on the ground, attempts to kill his cat and destroys his dishwasher.

I think it takes four -15 skiers to make a statistically significant data set....

I'll suffer this burden if I must. My address is __________ ;-)

On a serious note Sully, how big a difference did you see? I'm on a '10 Senate now and on the water 3-4x/week.... I thought it was the carpenter, not the chef...

Wait... that was a game... Oh, Indian, not the cowboy... crap... Blind dog buries a squirrel?... whatever....

• Baller

I switched from an Obrien Sixam SS last year to a Radar Annex this spring to finally a Strada a couple weeks ago. I fell in love with my strada after the first pass I took on it. Compared to the Annex it was so effortless to ski on and it had so much speed, it seemed a bit faster than my Sixam even (though I never rode that ski this year to really compare). I have always been an inconsistent skier but that didn't seem to matter on the Strada. Last year I got to the point where I was running 34 at least once every set in practice but only ran it once in a tournament. This year I have yet to run 34mph in practice, partially due to that annex and due to lack of water time due to not being able to get on our normal lake yet this year. However, with just 3 total practice sets on the Strada I was able to tie my pb of 3@36 in the years first tournament even though I hadn't run 34 all year.

On the Sixam I had a bad habit of standing on the front at the finish of the turn which would kill me. I find that on the Strada it's a little more forgiving if I get on the front of the ski but if I can stay patient, it skis awesome. It allows me to be back a little bit or forward a little bit and I can still maintain my pass which I've never had from a ski before so I'm feeling way confident that I can ski much more consistently this season even with a severe reduction in my practice time.

For sure I have a lot of technique to work on but the Strada allows me to work on that technique instead of being in the water after a small bobble. I absolutely love this ski as someone who is just working his way through 34 and 36 -15 it seems to be working great for me.

I just got Strada on Tues and what a great ski. I am a mid level skier and I think in two weeks I will be cutting rope for the first time. This ski feels great from the get up. I have tried other high end skies and they all felt squirrelly.

I have never had a hard time finding a one or two year old high end ski to buy in the $200--$400 range. That has definitely not been the case with the Strada. People are hanging on to their Stradas and pricing them very high in the resale market. Speaks volumes for sure.