Good, Reputable Malibu Dealer

robscholl-OF

• Baller
Looking at getting a closed bow ski boat for our lake. Noticed on Malibu's web site that you can order a Response closed bow. There is no longer a Malibu dealer in the Seattle area that can talk anything other than wakeboard boats. When I called Active Watersports in Oregon, they wanted to only talk about some insane price. I want to talk to someone who talks slalom boats and is interested in treating a customer fairly and not just making the most money possible and spend hours negotiating a price. I just want to order the boat how I want it and am willing to pay the dealer a fair price to facilitate it. Anyone know of a Malibu dealer that fits this bill? Thanks, OF

• Baller
If you can find a dealer that can work a deal with Malibu not to sacrifice a spray date for another boat, you just might be in luck. I would do it now. If you wait til' fall the model run for 2012 will be sold out and 1. you won't get a deal and 2. you won't get a choice of color and equipment. I had this happen to some frienda last year. They called about Thanksgiving and I told them to get it done quickly. They did not listen and waited til' the boat show Jan.8th. The dealer was sold out and had to change an order. They got it July1st. Dealers make $ on non-ski boats. Why would they cut a deal on a boat if it cost them thousands. I suggest you get with the program today! Or wait and pay another 10K

• Baller
Your problem on ordering a Response like that is that the dealers only have a finite number of "slots" available to them. Wakeboard boats have higher margins. So do they sell a "slot" to a wakeboard customer and make $12-15k? Or do they sell a slot to you for a lower dollar Response at a lower margin and make $5-7k? The amount of work they have to do to deliver a boat from that slot is the same. That is why you might find it hard to find a dealer that will deal on a closed bow 3 event boat. You might get lucky with a dealer in a market with unsold slots, though.

• Baller

Thanks for the comments. As far as a Promo, I ski with RD who has Master Craft promo. Right now we are looking at the option of buying a 12 closed bow promo and just roll it into a lake boat. RD is going to be part owner of the lake boat so buying anothers promo is not really an option. We all love the old closed bow Response and want to look at the option of getting a light closed bow with ZO.

As far as a fair price I was hoping for mid 40K.

We are looking now as I am aware you need to order early if you want to get any kind of deal. I just trying to connect with a dealer who is straight up and honest. OF