Stargazer GPS Unit not functioning

Jam man

• Baller
Might be a one time thing. Had it happen with ZO on private site. Skiers a few hours before us said it was fine. Another group skied a few hours later and said it was fine but we had no GPS signal. Thankfully boat also had PP so could still ski.

My SG has trouble picking up the signal from time to time. I turn the ignition off for several seconds to reset the unit. Sometimes I may reset it more than once. If that doesn't work I run up and down the lake at speed. Mine seems to pick up the signal better when moving. To date one of the two has always worked.

• Baller

I have had it happen a couple of times. Shut the system down, unplug the GPS antenna, plug it back in, start it up again. Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes for it to register. Or leave the system off until the clock pops up on the screen.

Update: emailed PP and they said $100 for new GPS puck. System is 14 months old and Garmin only runs a 12 month warranty on the puck. Decided to run the system another time before I ordered the puck. Skied last weekend and the system was working perfectly. I did disconnect and reconnect the GPS as GAJ004 suggested. All is good for now.

• Baller
I just upgraded my 2007 Lxi with Stargazer to Z Box and now the same NO GPS DATA error. Part of the reason I upgraded was I was having issues with the set point engaging when going north through the course, so maybe the puck was already going bad. I did get a few seconds of GPS data when trying to map the course but it went off again. The connections are all good, so I guess I will be waiting till Monday to order a puck. Can't even reliably hand throttle as the GPS speedo reads 00.