2012 Strada Boots

Horton

• Baller
Pictures and details please! Trent said they would be essentially the same but the liner would be a little thicker... Sort of the midpoint between the RS-1 plump and the Strada thin. If so I'm getting some when I retire my RS-1's.

They still look like they are the same general design but with much better looks than original RS-1's (IMO).. They have added a slick velcro flap that covers the lower laces.. Liners look closer to 1st generation RS-1 gold liners as far as thickness.. I haven't had time to try them yet but sure I will be happy as all the Radar stuff is top shelf!!!

• Baller

I think you can question the Strada's on their stiffness/control, but for comfort and safety they are at the top of the list. I have badly sprained and broken an ankle in another system and feel much safer (It's all relative) in the Strada's.

I am going to try a stiffer system soon. Skiing really well on the Strada's but interested in what stiffer would feel like.

I think stiffer will feel better (huh huh), but to make a Strada boot feel stiffer, you need to cinch up that upper lace, which pretty much tosses safety out the window.

Outside of rubber boots or a boot that releases from the ski totally, it is hard to get this level of rigidity combined with release.

i think that if you tighten on or the other too much theres a chance of one coming out and not the other...which is the same problem for alot of boots......iv never had a really hard fall in mine thankfully but i just dont see coming out of them when it happens....thats why im probably going to switch to a different system.....dont get me wrong i like the boots...there comfy they flex nice, look good and iv skied well in them

I just noticed that mine which were supposed to be 2012 Strada boots don't have the velcro flaps. Now that I look at them closer, it seems that I am double screwed... mine are likely 2011 but priced and sold as 2012?

http://www.photoshop.com/users/nakari/albums/e4aeb07335774f2da42080f54b4b1941

Waterskis.com... I seriously hope they don't advertise here so I can voice out my opinion freely.

• Baller

I hardly cinch mine down and I don't come out. I think it's just the variable of the individual foot size, molding, tightening preferences, etc.

I did buy a 2012 liner and tried to put it in a 2011 shell - it "fit", but not very well. The 2012 version is much thicker in my opinion. I'll be looking for some closeout 2011's.

• Baller

I hardly cinch mine down and I don't come out. I think it's just the variable of the individual foot size, molding, tightening preferences, etc.

I did buy a 2012 liner and tried to put it in a 2011 shell - it "fit", but not very well. The 2012 version is much thicker in my opinion. I'll be looking for some closeout 2011's.

So on the front binding while dry, if all I do is wrap the laces up top without any cinching at all, it's pretty lose and I've got a lot of heel lift. If I try to pull my foot out, I think the release is probably ok. If I cinch them up even a little bit, it starts to get to the point where I'm not sure if it would release. Does that loose sound about right?

So on the front binding while dry, if all I do is wrap the laces up top without any cinching at all, it's pretty lose and I've got a lot of heel lift. If I try to pull my foot out, I think the release is probably ok. If I cinch them up even a little bit, it starts to get to the point where I'm not sure if it would release. Does that loose sound about right?

• Baller

On dry land in front of a wall or something you can fall into, snug the front tight and use the collar so it is snug, no tight, when you lean forward, the boots should pop out. That would give you an approx "snugness" factor.

For me, the key is keeping the front of the foot in contact with the ski. Unless you have real weak ankles, I am not a big proponent of locking everything down on my leg. I proved this theory by almost running 38 in a front Animal boot that the overlay had torn 2/3 of the way down the inside of my front ankle. Just took it easy and thought about keeping my foot in contact with the ski. Didn't get a foot cramp either!

• Baller

On dry land in front of a wall or something you can fall into, snug the front tight and use the collar so it is snug, no tight, when you lean forward, the boots should pop out. That would give you an approx "snugness" factor.

For me, the key is keeping the front of the foot in contact with the ski. Unless you have real weak ankles, I am not a big proponent of locking everything down on my leg. I proved this theory by almost running 38 in a front Animal boot that the overlay had torn 2/3 of the way down the inside of my front ankle. Just took it easy and thought about keeping my foot in contact with the ski. Didn't get a foot cramp either!