What thickness Heater top for ~70 degree water

kfennell

I am looking at getting a heater shirt today since our water got dramatically colder over night. What thickness shirt do I want for water in the ~70-77 degree range. When it is colder I have a nice full wetsuit so I don't need it to be too hot, but I would like some decent protection, especially since I will be wearing it when I ski in CO next week in a fairly cold lake (but I don't want this to really influence what I buy). I am currently leaning towards this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I44MF8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Since I can get it tomorrow for $86 and it will certainly be warm enough but i just want to make sure that it isn't too thick and will restrict me much. I assume that since it is "hyperfreak" that it will be pretty stretchy since the shorts are so great.

The other I am looking at is much thinner

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I44MVW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I am skiing into 44.5 off at 36 mph so I don't want the shirt to be holding me back.

• Supporting Member

I'm a big fan a Chillskin over a short sleeved Rash Guard. I use this essentially all summer long in MA, except on rare occasions where I manage to ski during the warm part of the day.

I find almost no restriction and a big increase in warmth.

I need to bring this thread back to life, I got that suit and it is just such a pain to get on and off, it takes like half my energy to get it on and then I dont think I will ski well :)

I wanted to get an eagle zip up once I realized that ease of use ws important to me but they are sold out right now... What do I do? Are the jet pilot ones that are partly lycra easier to get on?

• Supporting Member
Did you wear a short-sleeved rash guard under it? It sure looks similar to the Chillskin, and that things sticks to your skin and itself like it's coated in glue UNLESS you have a rash gaurd underneath, in which case it slides on and off relatively easily (with proper technique).