HO S2

OKSkier

• Baller_
The HO Coafficiant Xsl comes in a larger size. 69. Same step bottom. I'm 180 and skied the 67. Great and I mean great ski for that speed and those line lengths your skiing at. Skied deep into 38. But the big shocker for me was just how easy 28 and 32 were. Almost 0 physical effort and the ski gets stupid wide. I think I pushed it to much at shorter lines and should have just skied it light. Don't rule it out just cause it's not a Syndacate.

• Baller

OKSkier,

I am 6'4" at 225 lbs. and the S-2 I have is 67.5. Since you are a 34 mph skier, that is what the S-2 was designed for. As Wish says, it is very easy to ski on. The A-2 was designed as their premier 36 mph ski. This ski feels every bit as fast and light as my Nano, turns better, and is extremely forgiving. I chose it over the A-2 for those reasons.

• Baller

skiboyny,

No, I have been a Goode skier for MANY years. I considered the A-1 a 36 mph ski so I never tried it. This year has been spent on the Nano Mid, Sans Rival SR-2, and the S-2. What I like about the S-2 is it is so FORGIVING. I am working on a ski style that I started developing last winter based more on Bode Millers Style than standard Slalom. The S-2 allows me to experiment into areas that the Nano would Spank me. I have tuned the S-2 to be just as fast and light as the Nano, but with forgivness. It's a great ski......ED

• Baller_

@Ed Johnson

Say, could you describe the Miller style. Or at least what you are working on in terms of change from to ?? This is a ski that's (S2) not been available for test rides here locally but will be soon. I've been working on some style changes as well and wondering if there may be a similarity.

• Baller

Wish,

E-mail me at ed38off at aol dot com........It would take me pages to list it all. I would be glad to share info with you, but basically is more snow ski technique using spinal rotation in conjuntion with COM placement to take advantage of ZO input for increased carryout.

• Baller
Ed, how would you compare the S2 with the Wide Ride? Forgiveness, quickness?, lack of effort? Also you have used a slot fin on many of your skis in the past. How would you describe the difference in the ride over the stock versions?

• Baller

JAS,

S-2 vs Wide Ride? The S-2 is much more like the Mid Ride . It can be tuned to be just as fast or faster and it will really turn. I have had to dial down some of the turning capability in order to not overturn.

As far as the fin goes, I machine my own down to .075 in thickness, with a sharper leading edge. Then I add Ventrals, from one to three, depending on the result I am looking for. The wings have a tremendous effect on finding the balance between cross course speed and turning ability. For the S-2 I found the right balance for me is front Mini Ventral and a rear Large Ventral set to 7 degrees. At 8+ degrees it has a tendency to easily overturn.

The most important point is that the S-2 is very forgiving.

Hope this helps, ED

• Baller

Wish,

What worked for me is the front mini-ventral and the rear large ventral, both tips down, set to 7 degrees. At 8 & 9 degrees it over-turned.

The lower the angle on the rear ventral, the greater the cross course speed and the greater the turn radius. For me, 7 degrees was the right balance.