Big Dawg Finals at Okeeheelee this weekend

Roger

• Baller

The Big Dawg finals are coming up this weekend at Okeeheelee Park in West Palm Beach, FL. Thursday will be practice, Friday the preliminary rounds, Saturday the Sweet 16 and Saturday night under the lights for the Elite 8.

Web Cast Sat. 8:15 PM Web cast will start out showing a recorded segment of the Sweet 16 Head to Head, and only 38 off passes and shorter. Then, LIVE WILL BE ELITE 8. Under the lights at Okeeheelee Park, West Palm Beach. Tune into web cast at http://www.skibigdawg.com WHO WILL WIN???? ALSO GO TO http://www.SKIBIGDAWG.COM

• Baller_
Ok, I have an IPhone and could not stream the webcast at Diablo. Am I just screwed having the IPhone or is there a way or site that will allow me to do so. Will be away from my computer much of the weekend. Worst part is it's only a few hours from me and I'm unable to go and that sucks!!

• Baller

@Wish hmm I do not think that this webcast is not supported on mobile platforms ( I could be wrong) I have sat in class before watching on my iPhone but I do not remember which event it was of. I would contact the web cast company and ask them.

Do you have BallOfScores?

• Baller

@Wish hmm I do not think that this webcast is not supported on mobile platforms ( I could be wrong) I have sat in class before watching on my iPhone but I do not remember which event it was of. I would contact the web cast company and ask them.

Do you have BallOfScores?

• Baller

I won't be going to Orlando. We have a big Royal Ambassador overnight camp out that our church is sponsoring Friday night and Saturday of this weekend. (Picture 125 boys in 1st go 6th grade learning all sorts of survival skills, camp craft, games, etc.) My son is in it and I am a group leader and can't really miss it.

We will be driving up to Darwin's Saturday night for the Cottonwood record. I am hoping his has a nice set up for viewing the finals under the tent! (hint JD) Hopefully next year if life is a little slower I can go. (What are the odds of that???)

• Baller

I won't be going to Orlando. We have a big Royal Ambassador overnight camp out that our church is sponsoring Friday night and Saturday of this weekend. (Picture 125 boys in 1st go 6th grade learning all sorts of survival skills, camp craft, games, etc.) My son is in it and I am a group leader and can't really miss it.

We will be driving up to Darwin's Saturday night for the Cottonwood record. I am hoping his has a nice set up for viewing the finals under the tent! (hint JD) Hopefully next year if life is a little slower I can go. (What are the odds of that???)

• Administrators

BigDawg will only stream on skibigdawg.com not here. BallOfScores is everywhere.

Donate to Matt (Mr BallOfScores) he needs the money so we can get an Android app.

• Baller
I can't believe I counted Jay out. I did not know he was skiing. If I had known he was in the event riding a wide ride and sporting a PV, I would have put him in the top 5. If I knew he would drink 5 NOS energy drinks before skiing, he would have been my number one pick. He toned it down, drank 4 NOS and took 2nd. Congrats to #1 and Jay didn't want to risk a heart attack for a win.

• Baller

Congratulations to Kyle Tate; awesome focus & perseverance!

All these guys getting into 41off is incredible; hard to imagine it doesn't have anything to do with the consistency of the evolving speed control systems.

Getting the settings that are suitable to each technique and for each model boat may contribute as well, but then again maybe indifferent at their level.

@Roger any idea (common question) as to what ZO settings most of the BigDawgs converged to or does it still run the gamut?

Also the red & black SN 200 looked like the one from Victory here in Jax (which was down there), if so I assume both used in the Elite 8 bracket were running the same 5.7L & prop, true?

• Baller

@Gloerson - the ZO settings were all over the board this year. I was one of the boat judges two years ago also and at that time, the tendency was either somewhere in A or somewhere in C with very few B users. This year, there was a full spread and even a few who changed settings at 39 or 41 (IE: C3 from 32 through 38 and then A3 for 39 and 41).

A new bar was set at this year's finals with a run into 41 and another of at least deep 39 required to make the sweet 16. I believe prior to this event, the two rounds required approx 2.25 or 2.5 @ 39 to make the 16. We had fantastic weather, great boats from Correct Craft and Becky Lathrop and Tim Cost both driving great. The skiers took full advantage as you can see from the scores posted. A lot of hard work went into making this event come off the way it did and I'm very proud of the Ski Club of the Palm Beaches for all the work put in to make this happen!