moomba outback

SkiMadDad

• Baller
My friend is a Moomba dealer and he let us use the 2011 Outback during a couple of our Ski Leagues this summer. 60 to 100 lbs up near the nose will help keep the back end out of the water without having to use much of the wake plate which will flatten out the wake. 15 and 22 off skiers loved the wake. 28 and 32 there is a little bump and at 35 a slight dip after the 2nd wake. Probably could fine tune it with more time and the ZO was nice because changes don't affect the speed like it would with PP. Great all event boat for the money!

• Baller
We've got Outbacks all over my lake, as we had a dealer on the lake itself. A basic version (no tower) in 2011 was in the mid to upper $20's, after putting pencil to paper. For that kind of scratch, it's a great boat. They also put a really nice Boatmate under it, rounding out a nice package. I'd be more than willing to use one as my personal towboat, and I'm used to a 196. With that, it's not a training tool for tournaments, since you'll never encounter one there.

• Baller
Always wanted to ski behind a Moomba. When i had my Sea Ray OB a few years ago, I kept telling my dad to buy a Moomba (so i wouldnt have to hear him if i asked for a brand new nautique about the price) and we ended up with a Bu. From what i hear, they are pretty nice ski boats for the price.

• Baller

I've been skiing behind a 2007 Moomba Outback for for 4 years. We moved from an old I/O to this boat when we caught the ski bug (badly). I now ski about 2/3 time behind a Malibu LX and the rest of the time behind the Outback. I ski 34mph and 22-32' off. I can't tell much difference between wakes. The Moomba is a bit heavier and bigger than the LX, but very similar the the LXi. I prefer both boats to the older Nautiques.

However, 10x more important than the wake is how you ski across it! When I'm skiing well I'm unaware of any wake at any line length.

It's the perfect boat if you are new to DD boats and are not sure you want to over-spend for the bling!

My next boat will probably be another Moomba. That way I can spend all the money I've saved on a trip to Waterski Costa Rica in the winter!!! I have had no quality or engine issues now with 400 hours.

I think a Moomba Outback is the best way to get into the ski boat market.