Ski Sites near San Antonio?

kfennell

I got a call from a recruiter today for a job in San Antonio, I guess before I get talking to them too much I wanted to know if there is any skiing in the San antonio area. I don't see anything really close after a quick google, the closest seems to be the guadalupe ski plex which is 38 miles away from the office (which would be roughly near the air force base).

• Baller
Which base? If it's Randolph, you're only 45 min from sanmarcosriverranch.com and it's not impacted too badly during rush hour. If you're near Lackland, it's about 70 min (or 100 min during rush hour). But, Lackland's an easy 45 min commute to Medina Lake (public). If you live in northeast SA or one of the burbs in that direction, you're 25 min to zorn or 40 to smrr.

• Baller
Which base? If it's Randolph, you're only 45 min from sanmarcosriverranch.com and it's not impacted too badly during rush hour. If you're near Lackland, it's about 70 min (or 100 min during rush hour). But, Lackland's an easy 45 min commute to Medina Lake (public). If you live in northeast SA or one of the burbs in that direction, you're 25 min to zorn or 40 to smrr.

• Baller
Zorn doesn't have a pay-for-pull type club but you might be able to find a lease or an available lot. SMRR has some excellent lots, but no club either. Agree with gregy's recommendations. McQueeney's great but you won't get much if any decent conditions on the slalom course or jump during may-sept; if you just want decent open water, you'll find it occasionally in the summer and daily in the winter.

• Baller
Zorn doesn't have a pay-for-pull type club but you might be able to find a lease or an available lot. SMRR has some excellent lots, but no club either. Agree with gregy's recommendations. McQueeney's great but you won't get much if any decent conditions on the slalom course or jump during may-sept; if you just want decent open water, you'll find it occasionally in the summer and daily in the winter.