The Ventral Wing .......... Results?

mrpreuss

• Baller

This year tried every combination of one to three ventrals and below is a list of what worked best.

66" Nano WR: Front Ventral + stock rear wing at 8 degrees.

68" Sans Rival SR-2 : Carbon Fin with front ventral + stock rear wing at 7 degrees.

67.5" HO S-2: Carbon Fin with front ventral + large rear ventral at 5 degrees.

• Baller
I tried it on my STRADA and it made the ski feel different (I compared it to adding a little tip). It also felt more stable. At first, I thought I might like it. It did not improve my buoy count. One thing I noticed after a long practice session is my back muscles would start hurting. When I took it off, it made me appreciate how much better the ski worked with out it, my back stopped hurting and I actually picked up a couple of buoys.

• Baller

To Chuck Dickey,

Same as Goode instructions. Key is getting the front mini ventral level with the bottom of the ski. Always wants to change as you tighten the screws.

With the stock wing, the ski had a tendency to want to overturn. With the large rear ventral, tips down, 5-6 degrees, it solved that problem and helps it sustain energy.

Thanks Ed. I mounted the mini as pictured above. I mounted the lower as Goode suggests, but level with the bottom as the mini is level. For the larger rear, Goode mentions a slight angle by having the holes at .825 back hole and .850 front hole, but that equals maybe only 1 to 2 degrees.

Any pictures you can share?

• Baller
From what I have read and witnessed, the ventral wing appears to work only on the S-1 and Nano at 34 mph! Is there anyone having success with the ventral wing on the S-1or Nano at 36 mph or any of the other high end slalom skis at 34 or 36 mph? We know for sure it did not help Chris Parrish last season if he was using it.

• Administrators
I am going to ride a Mid Nano Twister in the spring and an thinking I will want help with tip rise out of on side. That is exactly what the V should do. Right?

• Baller
I put it on my 66" mid nano and the ski felt stuck under me. Tried 3 sets or so and just couldn't get the feel. Took it off and the ski felt like the tip wanted to fall in right at the end of my offside turn every time. Then realized the two big holes in the front of the fin had some real effect too. Put a new fin back in the ski at the same numbers and felt great again.

• Administrators
The few sets I took on it last month, I always felt that on side turn was all or nothing and radical followed by tip rise and loss of angle. Was hoping the V would mellow that out.