Spring Break Collegiate Ski Location

petroaj

The Miami University ski team is looking for a location to spend their 2012 spring break. We have not traveled down south very much and could use any input or information you guys have. We are looking to bring 10-12 people and are thinking that we may want to do a lake/boat with no coach due to the fact that many of our top skiers are trying out brand new equipment. Our break is march 4-11. Thank you guys for your help!

• Baller_
Travers may be your best bet if you want to rent a boat and a house. Brent is the expert on that as he goes there annually. I have also seen classified adds in WaterSki Mag. for house rentals with a boat. That all being said, a lot of folks may be reluctant to rent to college kids, at least with out a very big deposit.

Lpskier

• Baller
Okeeheelee in West Palm would be my recommendation. It's a public park but you do have to get your boat registered to use it. Check their website for the details. You can do the registration by mail so you don't waste time once you get there. You will need your own boat or find a local to hook up with.

Definitely check out Seth Stisher's Training Center in Charleston, SC! Like some of the other places, you will not be able to take the boat out by yourself though. He is one of the best coaches around and offers special collegiate rates so it's worth looking in to. The training center website is sethstisher.com.

If your team wants to try new gear, his Training Center is fully equipped with gear provided by H2OProShop.

• Baller

Cincinnati is going down to Lucky Lowe's a couple weeks after that. We've been going down there for years and he always gives us a great deal. I would definitely give him a call and I would also consider getting coaching while you're down there (wherever you go). I understand trying out the new equipment, but having a solid coach to work with you on the fundamentals would go a long way come fall!

http://www.luckylowe.com/

• Baller
Try Jacks he has 3 lakes on one site , we do rent but you would have to be checked out and give a security deposit, lots of local hotels or dorm 3-4 bed room villas on site...2 jumps facing different directions, full pro shop, beach volley ball. www.jacktravers.com

Thanks guys!

We ended up going to Scot Ellis and Kiwi Eades place in Orlando - Fluid Ski and Sports

Definitely recommend the school to anyone looking to go down south. We had Kiwi all we and he is a GREAT coach.