EXO's Vs. Strada Bindings

Not_The_Pug

• Baller

Need to get a new set of bindings this year. Have been on the RS-1's for a few years. Always willing to try something new. Wondering if anyone has tried the new EXO's with upgraded hardware. I also hear the EXO bindings are a little softer fore/aft. Especially would like to hear from anyone that has skied both.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Baller

I went from Animals to Powershells years ago back to Animals after I could walk again, and last year to Stradas. I am using the Sequence plate dual locked to the ski like a Powershell setup.

The Stradas were picked up on clearance at the end of 2010 so don't have the new liners. I have tried a buddy's new liner same footsize and it is a snugger fit than the old ones.

The comfort is great coming off Animals. I am not sure the edge control is as good, but I didn't ski for 2 years, so it could just be me. The thing that I like is my feet dont get tired first. I don't ski with them cranked down and I could put a new footpad in that snugs up the fit.

My buddy did 3 or 4 OTF and he popped right out. Now he is a RTP skier vs my double boot, so I have not had a fall and release yet. But most of my falls are at the buoy sliding out or getting pulled sideways out of a turn. No yard sales yet thank God.

• Baller

I like my RS-1's and wouldn't have any trouble going to the new Strada's, I have a 11-12 foot. Just trying to see if anyone liked or had good things to say about the EXO's. Always looking for a better set up or just something new to try. Since it is winter and I don't ski if I have to use a dry suite like Richard, I have gotten whimpy since I have moved to Sacramento. I'm just looking at all options before I order something for the new year.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Baller
On the exo forms and love them. Comfort and good support. Only down side is that moving bindings forward and back can be a bit of a hassle. Also, when you move them you need to reset the spring tension on the release. Nice set up. And it releases when you want it to, and does not when it should not. Much better than velcro!!!!!!!

• Baller

The proiblem with the Fogman and EXO system is when you stuff the ski at the buoy or roll out the front, just a easy fall but prepare for bad ankle injuries. The bindings do not release in this type fall. The ski flexes and the release point gets tighter. Any other fall and they release fine. I skied Fogmans for 11 years and switched to Strada boots.

Another point in comparing EXO / Fogman / PowerShell to Strada. Look at the mounting points. The Fogman /EXO's / PowerShells are mounted directly under your foot. The Strada is mounted to the ski at the furthest points to the edge of the ski. I think you will find the Strada boots a more reactive system. Rossi brought this to my attention when I was making the switch. The Fogmans actually wobble on the ski when you stand on the platform.

Another point, The only thing I've had to replace on the Stradas are the top bungee string. No more buckles, release pistons or Duel Lock to screw with!!!