Trick Ski Options

454SS

Hi guys just thought I would get some input on different trick ski options that are out there.

Last summer I learned to ski the course, unfortunately I don't think that I will have much of an opportunity to ski a decent course this summer, so I am contemplating buying a trick ski to mess around with on the public lake.

Here are some questions I have, best beginning trick ski and bindings on a budget? I am not really interested in doing toe tricks with one foot out of the binding, would a normal wakeboard handle be fine or would I still want to buy a trick specific handle?

Nick

• Baller

Nick,

Check out the Quantum trick skis (Masterline). They are a very easy to use ski and get good air off the wakes. D3 also makes a good ski that you can pick up used sometimes depending on size.

As for a handle, you can use anything that will work since you are not doing toe tricks. Wakeboard or slalom handle will work fine.

Kevin

Kevin,

thanks for the advice, any tips for what size I should get? according to the D3 site i would be in the middle of sizes, either 42" or 43" would their be any advantage to sizing up or down?

also what is there a set line length most people trick at? or do you just adjust the length for each boat?

• Baller

D3, Quantum and Goode feel best to me bigger (43").

28 off is a good starting line length. Toe harnesses are nice even if you don't toe trick (you should, however - it's fun and high points). They help keep arms and body parts from getting hung up. I like a 12" straight handle it is easier for me to pass. There must be a reason for the big wakeboard handles but I don't get an advantage from them.

Hardshells (Reflex) are really nice for performance but do require a lot of maintenence. If you go rubber, make sure there is a lot of high support.

You don't need a lot of heel support until you are doing lots of flips. Keep the rear toe light and simple.

Eric