Aaargh it's killing me!!!!

Steven_Haines

• Baller_

@Steaven Haines. Tested a bunch of skis this last summer. Full week on each. No JTH but I learned alot. This ski seems to have the speed (maybe more) and mid shape feel at turns of a Goode Mid Ride. Stability, ease of use of a D3. and holding power of a Strada. For me it required (my perception) tip pressure at the turn. I've always skied neutral to back position. So to ski it I had to change where I am on the ski. But ski it did. It seemed to be a race back to the wake between me and the ski. The ski would sometimes beet me or we would tie. Never ever got behind me or did the tip ever stick. Huge sweet spot. If i did get my weight back past neutral, the arc of the ski got elongated and put me down course but never weelied. With that said, in order to ski it I'd have to change my style that's worked on traditional shaped skis. I'm picking up the CoXsl (again) next week so I can compare more directly (S2 not available past summer, CoX was). I ran that ski into deep 38s over the summer and it fit my style better, I think.

Two more sets tomorrow on the S2 with fin tinkering (it's been at stock). Then it goes back to the proshop. And CoXsl goes in the truck.

• Baller
You suck! I went to the beach with the family today and am now sitting by the pool and am heating the hot tub with beer in hand. (I'm trying to make you as jealous as I am, is it working?) It seems that I'm very ski challenged this go around. Im getting alot of quality time with my family though! Hopefully the weather holds out this week because I plan to ski everyday with Huge and the boys while the kids are at school. The water temp is around 56, Rogers skied on Thursday in nothing but shorts so I figure I'm man enough to go it in a shortie. (I hope) I did ski on thursday but didn't get to try the S2 as the rear hole pattern didn't match. Got that fixed now though.

• Baller
@Wish It will be interesting to hear you perception of the S2 vs. the COxsl. I've never ridden either one and wanted to try the COxsl last summer, but never had the chance. The S2 is on the list of ski's to try this summer.