New USAWS Senior Driver Testing Requirements

Bruce_Butterfield

• Baller_

I have heard from a very reliable source that USAWS will be requiring all current and aspring Senior drivers to pass a more rigorous practical driving test effective immediately after the 2012 Nationals. The effect of this test is expected to weed out the less qualified drivers, result in a significant reduction in insurance costs (once the driver passes the test), and most importantly improve each driver's ability to safely handle the boat in the course and in tight quarters typical in tournament ski lakes.

The first driver demonstrating the practical test can be seen in the video below. Ya'll better start practicing!

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller_

Horton, I was just picturing the veins in JD's head popping with "what the *#&$ are those @#$%* at USAWS thinking now" for about 5 seconds until he gets to HOLY #*%#"

The first time I saw this video, I thought there was a serious crash coming, but it really does look like fun.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

Bruce there HAS to be other videos which include that "serious crash". Kind of reminds me of rally racing where it looks pretty cool until the inevitable ultimately happens!

At least there isn't a skier behind that boat! It would have to be another sport division and I can only imagine what the insurance costs would be!!

• Baller_

LOTs of crashes...... good ones about 4mn in.

What I don't get is what the heck is the rider for other than to make sure the drivers not experiencing the scariest frign boat ride ever all by himself? . It's not like he's the nav guy going "" ah.. Turn left.... Now right .. Left .. Right again. No I mean left. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!

• Administrators

Why that is not the biggest sport in the world I do not know. I am selling my skis.

Wait what if they combined with speed skiing. That is what I call slalom skiing.

• Baller_

http://static.cl1.vanilladev.com/ballofspray.vanillaforums.com/uploads/FileUpload/c7/0061485b2c6cd46abccd8c38ea802c.jpg

I have actually taken a ride in a jet sprint.

I own two old flat bottom V-drives this one has actually pulled the "un-official" world single wake record of 207' held "un-officially" by Adam "Sledgehammer". We have pictures and may have posted them here before just cant find them now.http://static.cl1.vanilladev.com/ballofspray.vanillaforums.com/uploads/FileUpload/a0/629f37d4592dbf605dde0fc922dcf7.jpg