D3 Nomad RCX

PT Mike

• Members
Long story short, I'm still on an old Nomad w/ the white top, loved it from day one. A new ski is not in the budget this year. Found a hardly used RCX i'm going to demo next week @ okeeheelee. I know the white top is a little long in the tooth but can anybody shed a little light on the differences or similarities of the two? I'm a men 4 skier, usually get halfway through 32 off at tourneys. Thanks

• Baller
Never skied the white top. I've tried three top skis from different manufacturers in the last year. Each of them for at least two weeks, one of them for two months, and I keep going back to the RCX. I even skied two sets my new Fusion last week and have already swapped the bindings back to the RCX until I can ski it more regularly. I've always been able to get right back on the RCX and ski well on the first set.

• Members
I like how forgiving the white top is. I'm hoping for the same in the RCX. I'm down to 195 lbs. From 210 lbs. Last year so I think I can handle a ski with a little more get up and go. Any recommendations on fin settings or just go with the factory settings?