Return to SansRival

Horton

• Administrators

The end of this month I'm going to Costa Rica for a week of skiing. That means I had to start skiing so I would be ready when I got there. The first ride I took this winter was on a ski I had never ridden before. Its original owner ran deep 41 off on it and I have a friend who ran into 39 on it. This ski should be magic. For me in January it was a disaster. I took two or three sets on it and struggled nonstop.

I needed a ski that would forgive me for months off the water, lack of conditioning and stiff cold muscles. I looked across my rack of skis and thought “what ski in this pile is the easiest to ride”? I mounted up my 68 inch SR2 and have not looked back. I'm running 28 and 32's one or two rides every Saturday and Sunday. I don't think I've missed the buoy. I tried one 35 a week ago and ran it first try.

• Baller
After Hortons review I went to Swiss Ski School for a set on the SR2. I did not find it "forgiving". It was alot stiffer than the 9700 67" 200amp. It was hard to turn, But a rocket across the back of the boat. It also felt stable under my feet. If I could get a good deal on one I would buy it, but not willing to pay $1700.00 Horton, I would still like to buy that one if you ever decide to sell it....BTW I'll come pick it up.

• Administrators

The one I have belongs to SR so I can not sell it to you. If you really want it, you can contact SR and make them an offer.

It sounds like the one you tried as a lot stiffer than the one I am skiing on. I tried a prototype SR that was like what you are talking about. In fact I shipped it to Swiss so it might be the same ski. That ski was fun but not nearly as good as the one I have.

I love my SR2. Hortons review pretty much sold me on it (that was before I realised he gives positive reviews for every ski he tries!). I have no regrets in the purchase, it has done everything I was after in a new ski and my PB is now around 6 balls better.