Xbx setting in Zbox

Phil2360

Anyone played with Zbx settings yet? Just looking at some times from the other day...

Here’s what I saw for 6 runs the other day (and it was the 1st outing with Zbox).

Still pretty good, but not yet as tight as 7.062 was once it was tuned. (0.01th’s below)

Ball Run 1 Run 2 Run 3 Run 4 Run 5 Run 6 Mean Median

1 -2 -1 0 -2 -1 -1 -1.2 -1

2 0 1 3 1 2 2 +1.5 +2

3 2 2 4 3 2 5 +3.0 +3

4 2 1 3 5 3 3 +2.8 +3

5 2 0 1 4 1 -1 +1.2 +1

6 2 0 1 2 0 -2 +0.5 +1

End 1 0 0 1 0 0 +0.3 +0

before we had cruise & used to "foot" drive I remember using the Tacho to push on a rev more revs for each cut, & back then we ran a stopwatch with a switch on the steering wheel. Times were never much worst than .05 off at the end.

With 7.0.62 we were within .01 - .02 at each buoy, bat that was after tuning background settings a bit.

As these don't match version 8 software I'm wondering if I should start with Zbx instead, thinking it may basically be to calibrate for engine & prop variation from boat to boat.

@norton Think that might be the ABC adj setting.

It's defaulted at 0, can be taken up to3.

Abc starts at 11 &the goes up to 20.

Robbie had about a dozen runs yesterday.

Felt like he was waiting for the pull he said.

Changed to C2 &the reckoned it was hooking him

up a lot better.

Most times were either spot on or. 01 off.

Pretty impressed considering it's still out of the box settings &the our 7.0.62 required a considerable amount of fine tuning.

Now if I only knee

how to upload a photo from my phone.......

@norton Think that might be the ABC adj setting.

It's defaulted at 0, can be taken up to3.

Abc starts at 11 &the goes up to 20.

Robbie had about a dozen runs yesterday.

Felt like he was waiting for the pull he said.

Changed to C2 &the reckoned it was hooking him

up a lot better.

Most times were either spot on or. 01 off.

Pretty impressed considering it's still out of the box settings &the our 7.0.62 required a considerable amount of fine tuning.

Now if I only knee

how to upload a photo from my phone.......

• Baller

it will depend on boat to boat and how good you can adjust it to feel.

My first pass behind it was a 16.07 with split times no greater than .01 off actual. BUT, it felt pretty firm. Will hopefully get a few more sets behind it this week and play with the Zbx setting. We have put it back to 5 - from 11 to feel out the difference and will likely have work back from there. - this is behind an lxi with monsoon.

One of the skiers here at SMRR just installed zBox. We noticed good times EOC, but splits are a touch off.

We're also experiencing only picking up the map in one direction (the direction we map first) and cannot get it to pick up or give times going the other direction. It does however engage and keep speed both directions of the slalom course. Any ideas there?

I'm skiing it today for the first time, will provide some feedback shortly.

• Baller

Had another set behind 'the box' last night. with Zbx setting on 5 it felt a LOT better (I ski A2), if anything a little too soft, so I think we will up it to 7 or 8 and see how it feelts.

On the boat we were using, 07 LXI with monsoon, it was overshooting by 2-3km at multiple speeds and taking longer to settle than what ZO does. We ended up taking a 100-200 RPM out of the baselines which did improve it. If you are on a short site with a 1:1 gear box and higher power motor it might be needed to help it settle quicker.

• Baller

How did that compair to ZO? and whats the zbx setting? I kinda have a problem with adjusting it to feel good... thats not what I want... I want it to mirror ZO, so even if it feels bad, thats pretty close to the same pull I'll get when I hit the tourney behind a official zo boat.

• Baller
I liked the feel to it. The timing of the pull is pretty accurate however with the Zbx at 11 it felt like it was hitting me too hard off the second wake into the ball. With it on 5 it has softened it up a lot, but may have been too much. what boat are you using?

Update: we remapped the course last night and for some reason things began to work, all buoy times, etc - both directions.

Now about the skiing. The pull is very good. Gate speed is on par with what the actual ZO does. The engine reaction to the skiers pull, also very good. Having ski'd behind this exact boat the other day before we installed the zBox and then after installed I can honestly say the pull is noticeable different for the better. zBx was set on 11 and I tried light, normal and heavy settings and there was even a noticeable difference between those settings as well.