AWSA Seeks Cable Water Skiers

Horton

• Baller_

Corky and Bubba will go do it!

Legitimacy of our sport is being compromised again. At least they up front said they could not financially support the effort! But Team members will get a team uniform! I wonder if Global and USAWS are making the cable operator provide a drivers license background check.

Sorry Don't get me started!!!

• Baller
If you read between the lines of Jody's statement, there is much to be alarmed about. At some point, the elite cable skiers will want the same consideration the elite 3-event skiers receive. The mere fact that this deserved mentioning on the USAWS website is absurd. Let's see if we can uncover another fringe element of towed watersports to promote.

• Baller

Same thaughts here, as I know of no Asten in OZ! There is an Asten Place in Western Australia, Jody's ski board would be right at home!

If they lowered the pull from the rope down to the same as a boat, or ran a track under the water with a ski pole attached it would save a lot of dollars on boats etc, but then how would you bling up your winch, you could have a winch girl though (Scottish slang for this is interesting)!!!!!! Obviously it is cheaper to run these cable type systems and make it more acessible to the masses, but damn that would affect it's elitist allure!

@JamesW I really don't think it makes it more accessible to the masses, as cable parks are very few and far between in this part of the world - 4 or so in Australia, and none in New Zealand.

And if you are lucky enough to live near one, the driving force for cable skiing these days is wakeboarding, so they'd very seldom be up to a speed where you can round some buoys on a ski.

• Baller

Ryno, agree that there are few sites in Australia and the couple that I know of are wake parks, just food for thaught. But being pulled by a winch would not bother me as long as it was within height, speed specifications.

The closest waterski club to me (2hours drive) is a closed shop which leaves one other venue 4hours drive away. The only practical option is a portable course to sneak into the nearby dam and remove imediately after use.