Nautique Windshield Removal

JC McCavit

• Baller_

OK here goes! First you must remove the foam insert that is covering the screw heads in the lower windshield extrusion. Note their may be a plastic insert in the channel covering and clipped into the channel rather then foam it will be one or another. After this fascia is removed you will see the heads of the fasteners, just back these out and the windshield will come off the deck. You will more than likely destroy the gasket however a very similar material can be obtained from Home depot. You will see it is all a no brainer once you see how the unit is attached to the deck.

Good luck.

• Baller

Shane, mine has the black dash so I don't think it should be a problem. There is not a whole lot of room under the dash to move it around.

AB, when it is cold in the spring and fall we wear all the clothing you mentioned and then some. I wear my bunny boots to keep my feet warm when I am driving or observing. When I ski I heat up my Stradas with hot water from my shower while on the platform. In between runs it is into the jacuzzi to rewarm the hands and feet.

• Baller

JC

I have a 2000 Ski Nautique that I installed a 4 vent heater system in a few years ago and was up against the same problem. I installed a center of the dash vent at the bottom of the windshield below the black dash pad by holesawing from underneath the dash. For windshield protection I cut a piece of 3/4 plywood taped up with rags and placed it in between the windshield and the fiberglass panel. Then I drilled from below a small pilot hole in the fiberglass to make sure I was centered on top. (2nd time perfect) Then from below with my shop vac running I used the correct hole saw to cut out the hole for the adjustable vent. (make sure your pilot drill bit in the hole saw is only sticking out a half inch or so) Hope this helps

RW

PS This site is awesome!