TSC 1 Hull

akale15

• Baller

Taking a wag here but the TSC 1 hulls were pretty much the same no matter the model of 196 designation. When hull changes came in later years they were designated TSC 2 and TSC 3. Don't remember the change between TSC 1 and TSC 2 but the TSC 3 added the trick/jump adjustable trim from the cockpit.

The 196 SE and 196 Limited designation very basically refers to how many extras they had. Generally, the SE models were a more basic boat with key start and the limited had a little more flash - key pad start, stereo, maybe a trick ballast tank etc.

• Baller
The TSC2 had lifting strikes and a bit wider tunnel and hook forward of the prop. Slalom wake was a little better than the TSC, but the trick wake was apparently not good . The TSC with an Acme 422 is a fantastic boat and I will own one for a long time. Don't see much difference in the long line slalom wake between it and the TSC3. Just my long line take on it.

• Baller
I agree with @Wish. I have 1997 TSC hull on my personal boat and a 2008 TSC3 on my club boat. I can't tell you what the difference is, but I think the slalom wake is better on the TSC. I also, think it's better than the TSC2. No Zero Off though, so it's mostly used for tubing :)

• Baller
For some reason I´ve always considered the -97 TSC hull to have the best slalom wake, I ski behind a -99 and allthough it´s sweet just not the same as the -97s I´ve skied behind. jmho