Best waterski holiday resort?

Tomi

Any suggestions as where to take a family for a winter vacation with good waterski and wakeboard facilities.

Two categories:

1. Best training / trainers for (semi) serious week of improving skills for me and my 8-year old son.

2. Luxurious resort or hotel with good waterski possibilities while wife sits by the beach/pool

All sites globally can be considered. Need to be warm and sunny in November-December time frame. Please also provide some pricing data about the skiing and/or accomodations if known.

• Baller

Ski Paradise in Acapulco (http://www.skiparadise.com/). Awesome luxury accommodations at a private villa overlooking Acapulco Bay and the Pacific, insanely good food, great company with other guests, extremely friendly/accommodating to all levels of skiers (even first time skiers), across the street from the beach, and other activities like surfing, diving, snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, and golf are available if you want to partake or you can just ski, ski, ski until you can't hang onto the handle anymore. Wife can hang at the palapa at the lake, which is really comfortable and fun, at the beach, at the Tres Vidas Country club (golf, pool, beach, spa), or back at the villa. You can't go wrong. Check it out.

• Baller
@Tomi I went to Ski Paradise in 09' it was awesome. I haven't been back since. As mentioned, too many other cheaper options. No offense, but my take back on the place back in the day ,if you want to network and be pampered go to Ski Paradise.

Ski Paradise definitely sounds and looks like the kind of place I had in mind. Costa Rica is a country... any more detailed instructions or should we just jump onto a plane and tell taxi driver at San Jose to take us to ski :)

• Baller
I'm sure the resort is fantastic. Just read up on any travel warnings specific to travel to Mexico from the US. Not trying to take anything away from Gorden and the folks in Acapulco, but those of us in Texas may be a bit closer to the news regarding what's going on down there and it isn't pretty. I'm sure you will be just fine, and it's a bit overblown in most resort towns, just be educated and alert.

• Baller
Acapulco as a whole (not just Gordon's) is relatively safe. Kind of like Houston or LA or a lot of other US cities. Parts of those towns you best avoid as well. Geez - look at the shootings we've had lately in our schools, work places, and today in a Texas court. Living in California we are, like Texas, bombarded with info and rumors about travel to Mexico. I don't think I'd travel through Tijuana at night, but passing through during the day, minimal profile, not flashy, not attracting attention to yourself like a fool, I'd still do it. I went to a few towns in Baja last October where the cartels are known to be and there was no problem. In Acapulco, I'd go wherever Gordon, Gabriella, or Ramon say it's OK to go. They know the town. Sure, you can hole up at the villa, Tres Vidas Country Club, and the lake and you'll be fine, but that is not required.