Okeeheelee Park

nate93

• Baller
@nate93 - Just drop by and introduce yourself at the docks. I'm sure you can get a pull or two. Do what you think is right if someone pulls you; I usually offer $10.00 to cover gas for a set. If I'm there, you're welcome to take a set with me.

• Baller
We trade boats but whoever's boat we are using skis for free, meaning we more than replace the gas that was used. Last year, it seemed to be about $15-18 for two rounds. If someone skis who does not have a boat, it is $20. There is only one guy who doesn't have a boat that skis with us occassionally.

• Baller
Okeeheelee has a set limit of 6 passes. That is about 1 gallon of gas in my boat or about $3.75 (regular). The remainder is about wear and tear and having a set at Okeeheelee behind someone elses boat. @skierjp - are you saying that is not enough or that it's too much??? $10.00 is what we typically offer one another if we ski with a friend versus bringing our own boat out. Seems reasonable to me...

• Baller
I'll be in West Palm on Thursday and Friday. I'll bring some 20's and beer if anyone would be gracious enough to give a guy from up-north a pull. I was there this past week too. The coaches in the area want the skiers to show-up in the morning, and my flights don't get in until early afternoon so I didn't even bring my ski.

• Baller

I am going to be in West Palm in April but it looks like the lakes will be closed for weed treatment.

I generally bring at least 20 per skier. We jump at a friends site and I bring him gas plus give him some cash.

• Baller

20 bucks a set or a FUll 5 gallons of gas.

Roger, not a problem with the $10 per set and then we rotate boats the next day. My deal is the tourist and the skiers that don't own a boat but are still tournament skiers. $10 bucks is a great deal for not having to spend over 50K.

Also, you guys are always jammed at OK so that means your boat goes through the rotation twice before you get your second set. To me, not worth $10. To wait that long it's not worth $20 :)

• Baller
I'm just say'in what I offer if I happen to take a set behind someone elses boat. Not talking about a perminent arrangement, that would be between the individuals involved. You can do what you think is fair. If someone drops by Okeeheelee while on vacation or whatever and I have the time, I will pull them. I don't ask for money.

• Baller

Weird thing about Okeheelee is that almost everyone likes to ski from the main dock. This past New Years Eve day at one point there were 14 boats at the main dock which is 1 or 2 more than there are slips for. And there was NO ONE at the north docks which can accommodate 6 boats.

My point is that you can always use the north course if you don't feel the need to hob nob with everyone at the main dock.