Moomba Web Cast

Horton

• Baller
I believe it is about to start today if it hasn't already. It is 11:45am and Men's Slalom is about to start. Not there right now, and unfortunately I have connection at the site, so I can't keep you updated, but webcast should roll. After the pros there is Women's jump, some wake boarding, a break and then the Big Dawg Round 2.

• Administrators

Things I thought I saw watching Moomba webcast

Asher’s gate at 41 starts out really soft.

Asher is on a new ski.

Almost all the skiers seem really centered, stacked and still.

I still do not understand Travers slalom but it sure works.

CP makes it look easy

The new ski looks interesting

The Yarra can be a fickle mistress

• Administrators
Well now is men's jump and there is no feed at all. We should be happy that we get anything I guess. Want to complain but am not going to.

• Baller

Man! I wake up with a vomiting 7 year old. (Bad Mexican food last night. I don't feel so hot either) Think I will make the best of it and check out the webcast. Get to see 1 1/2 passes of CP, now shut down for boat traffic.

I'm up. May as well hang in here for a bit.

• Baller

Ya. All I saw of CP was 38. It looked good. It was a bummer staying up for over an hour in the middle of the night to watch Willy miss 38 and the Big Dawg final being decided by a missed gate at 35.

I also have to say the announcing for the Big Dawg was very poor. The guys seemed nice and had the cool accent, but did not seem to have done any prep on who the skiers were or their backgrounds. Watching skiing can be boring, especially if there is no substantial "filler" in between passes. They did talk a little about Seth being a former pro and being a coach. Coulda mentioned that he was at Trophy lakes forever which was the home of slalom world records. Chad is DEA agent and has driven the current men's and women's world record. Jay didn't start skiing tournaments until his 20's (I believe). He also had back surgery 3 years ago and a broken ankle last season from which he came back to be 2nd in the BD finals. I don't know a much about Thierry, but I believe that in Andy's first non-pro competition after retirement was Sr. Worlds, and that Theirry beat the king.

I AM very happy that Moomba is on the web. It just seems that they put little to no effort in building up the BD. I just came up with the above info off the top of my head. Seems if you are announcing at the event and world wide you should do a little background. (I fully apologize if all of the above things were mentioned in the first nights broadcast. Didn't have any sick kids to wake me up for that one:).

• Baller

This is the unofficial order I have come up with from the list above. I changed Parrish's score to what was tweeted. Do the top 8 go? Maybe Nate is in?

Travers 4 @10.75

Parrish 3 @ 10.75

Jason 3 @ 10.75

Wing 3 @ 10.75

Corey 3 @ 10.75

Carlo 2.5 @ 10.75

Nate 2 @ 10.75

Larkin 2 @10.75

Ty 5.5 @ 11.25

Julio 3 @ 11.25

Brooks 3 @ 11.25

Adam 2.5 @ 11.25

Nick 2.5 @ 11.25

Will .5 @ 11.25

Efverstrom 2.5 @ 12

Only posting this cause I can't delete the draft. Table didn't paste correctly.

Any answers to that @Horton? Anyway feel free to delete it.

Schedule of events

Sunday 11th March 2012

ACTIVITY TIME

Wakeboard 8.00am - 10.00am

Womens Tricks Semi Final 10.00am - 10.50am

Transit 10.50am - 11.20am

Mens Tricks Semi Final 11.20am - 12.30pm

Coarse Change 12.30pm - 12.45pm

Womens Slalom Semi Final 12.45pm - 2.15pm

Coarse Change 2.15pm - 2.30pm

Mens Jump Semi Final 2.30pm - 4.00pm

Coarse Change 4.00pm - 4.15pm

Mens Slalom Semi Final 4.15pm - 6.00pm

SUNDAY 11th MARCH - NIGHT PROGRAMME

Transit 6.00pm - 6.30pm

Big Daug Slalom head to head 6.30pm - 7.30pm

Men's Night Jump 7.30pm - 8.30pm

Transit 8.30pm - 8.45pm

Fireworks 8.45pm - 10.15pm

• Baller

They may not be announcing yet. The sound will bring down the bandwidth and make the video go slower and become choppy. What would you rather have? Watch it on the front page and you can see the ballofscores tweets at the same time for scores and updates

• Baller
@Bulldog funny thing is I probably am not that much older than them and I had bunny years on my TV for a few years. Take cable out of the house for 2 years and see how much money you save. I still do not own a TV and I am in college. I have better things to do like ski!