There's Sea Foam in my gas.

Wish

• Baller_

So off the advice of my machanic I use on occasion, he recommended using a fuel treatment called Sea Foam in my vehicles. At the parts store i recieved two more unsolicited thums up just walking around the store with the stuff. Thought was .. couldnt hurt. Came in a weird can vs those skinny long neck plastic bottles. Dumped it in both cars which have some miles on them. Big difference in the Ford pickup. Not so much with the Honda but ran smoother if that's possible. So in to the GT-40 it went. Wow, I am as skeptical as the next guy but this stuff really made that motor hum and on startups it's been quick to a flawless idle no matter the temp or humidity. It's a bit more money then the other treatments but I really never noticed better performance with others.

I have used it for years. In the old MC, half a can in the carb while it was running. Kill it. Dump the rest in the gas tank. Let it sit for 20 minutes, then drive it like you stole it and watch the big smoke screen shoot out of the back.

Need to pick up a can for the GT40. Anyone know which hose is the vacuum hose that I can suck the stuff into the motor with?

• Baller_
Can says for gas and deasel: Cleans injectors, carb jets, fuel stabilizer, removes moisture from fuel and oil, adds lube, carbon cleaner, upper cyl lube, de-icer anti gel. And can be used in all internal combustion engines. Heard it's great for motors used infrequently. So now it's going in my lawn mower, and other power yard tools along with my little outboard motor.

Speaking of moisture in fuel- check out Star Tron enzyme fuel treatment. I have been using it to eat the water that somehow leaches out of ethanol when gas sits for a while, especially in plastic gas cans. I never passed chemistry but it even cleaned up 5 gallons in an old school metal vented can that I have on a little boat with a small outboard. Boat got swamped in a rain storm and the can was floating and vented. Oops.

• Baller

Sta-bil on the last tank into winter, sea foam first tank in the spring has treated me well.

It has also worked very well to get a lawnmower, etc running well again after someone has not winterized it.....ie all the fuel has evaporated out of the carb & lines and left a bunk of gunk.